Macs and their users

Discussion in 'Community' started by britboy, May 24, 2002.

1. macrumors 68030

britboy

We've been chatting together for several months now, but have no idea what anyone looks like. So, at krossfyter's behest, i thought i'd create a new thread, to see what real mac users look like. Will there be a trend? Time will tell... :D

I'll start the ball rolling.

Ps. I'm the one on with the knife in his hand, not the one with the bib!

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 601

krossfyter

cool britboy! are you a father or is that someone elses child?

3. macrumors 601

krossfyter

heres mine.... right now this is all i have as for pics....i will get a better one of me pretty soon but this will have to do for now.....

Attached Files:

4. thread starter macrumors 68030

britboy

he he, no, i'm not a father yet :) That's my nephew. He's 2 years old today!!!

I'm not planning on having kids for about another 6-7 years. Mind you, i'm getting married in december, and not everything works out like we plan them, right? :cool:

5. macrumors 601

krossfyter

oh okay cool.

congrats on the near future marriage..i hope it turns out great for the both of you.

im not planning on having kids until im sure i can support one and im ready for one that wont be until way later...until then im fine with my cat.

6. macrumors 68020

Beej

Mwahahaha!

This is the best photo anyone has ever taken of me:

Attached Files:

7. macrumors 601

krossfyter

oh wait!

8. macrumors 601

krossfyter

beej looking like his gonna start some s#$t

cool man. you got that "dont f with me or ill pop a cap in you as*" look.

dig it.

9. macrumors 601

krossfyter

sorry for the double posts but for some reason im not thinking right, right now. i think its because i need some sleep its like 6 am and ive been up all day.

10. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

so you just need to sleep til 10 am... after all 4 hours is plenty for you...... freakshow

11. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

This is a pic of me up in Alaska, camping in the Wrangell-St. Elias National park - notice the bear deterant on the hip? 357, 5 shots for the bear, the last one for you......

Attached Files:

• don1.jpg
      don1.jpg
      File size:
      45.9 KB
      Views:
  12. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

ok...here I am then...

in a French Bistro somewhere in San Francisco...

Attached Files:

13. macrumors 68020

Beej

OMG it is soooo weird to see everyone! No one ever looks like you think they do...

14. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

agreed. and now i'm gonna have nightmares of crazy old beej with the snowball cat and eyelikeart doing something artistic... ha

15. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

It is weird on how you would imagine someone given what they say online and through their tars. Weird, truly. I figured eye for a much less dark individual, not necessarily blonde, but lighter complexion. You look pretty much as what I would have expected though, no surprises there.

16. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

hmm...would that label me as predictable...or that I'm just well read by others? ;)

as for u duke....I guess I was off....he he he :D

17. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

who you wanna get crazy with esse? don't you know i'm loco????

and really, is that frosted hair or does your hair color in the sun?

if it's the former, please explain it to me... i never got it. i think it just looks funny meself.

18. macrumors 68020

Beej

What's that? Like a freak? He he he :)

19. macrumors 68020

Beej

The only other photos of me I have handy are either me in a white tux (which I won't be showing anyone here :D), or pics of me with my ex girlfriend, which I will definitely not be showing here! :D

20. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I was a towhead as a kid, very blonde. But with old age, well, you know, it only gets light when I'm in the sun. Never, ever colored my hair, silly. Don't comb it either, let it go natural. If I didn't cut it I'd get a big 'fro, ha, that woudl be funny.

21. thread starter macrumors 68030

britboy

Same with me. My hair was light-blonde as a kid (probably due to the strong sun). I liked it, so i've been dying my hair for the past 4 years or so.

Funny how you can build up a mental image of someone based on their posts. The photos so far sure have shattered those images though. Duke, a gun-slinging rambler???

22. macrumors 68020

Beej

I've been known to colour my hair on the odd occasion... usually I just peroxide it white. Heh...

I need sleep. I think I'll leave for the night on 1111 posts. The fact that I'm doing that clearly indicates I need sleep. :D

23. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Na! No member of the NRA here. We were going camping in an area with a lot of bears. Alaskan bears are not to be messed with, not like the bears in the lower 48 states that have contact with humans on a regular basis. Alaskan bears, whether black or brown (grizzly) pretty much consider themselves top of the food chain in most cases. Protection is a must, glad I didn't have to use it.

Here's a better pic, taken of me on Malamala Island, probably when I was taking the photo from my 'tar.

Attached Files:

• don4.jpg
      don4.jpg
      File size:
      49.9 KB
      Views:
  24. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

though i don't know what a towhead is, i can follow your post decently enough.... that's good you don't color it..... that had me worried. hair frosting is just a bit weird to me... like, not ballsy enough to bleach/dye the whole thing, but you wanna be noticed...

big fros rule. i wish i had one that would stand up. too bad i have naturally wavy hair. that's why i just shave the friar tuck look into it. more fun.

25. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

jeez. those blues are amazing... the colors that is. is that a really good camera or just a pretty normal one? man. i like.

not a better picture of you really though. first off, you have your shirt off. we can do without that... ha. second, in this case, the idea is to see your face, not the background as much... i mean a combo of both is great.

dang. fiji might just be calling my name!