macs and vehicles....

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by krossfyter, Apr 11, 2002.

1. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

what kind of vehicle/s do you have? what kind do you want? and what kind of vehicle do you compare your mac puter to?

its about time i make my own mac and (whatever) thread. i cant let jethatfield have all the fun!:D

I happily drive a convertable black GT 1994 toyota celica.

Someday I want to be able to own a ferrari testarossa ....yellow, black, red, white, green, lavender....whatever.... I will have to get it used though...since i will never be able to pay 100,000 - 250,000 on one..... and I dont mind it being previosly confiscated by the IRS,FBI, Department of Transportation or any local Police agency/station. If someone got killed in it and that made the price value go down...then rock on I dont mind that kinda history ....in order for me to afford this bad boy.

Carry on...

2. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

'96 Tacoma Extended Cab...

2 wheel drive
    4 cylinder
    Manual transmission
    Power everything...

I love this truck! I just got it in October...a MAJOR upgrade from the '89 Geo Metro I suffered with for two years prior (imagine a 6'4", 220+ guy getting out of a Metro and commence laughing your ass off)...

Go Toyota!

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Beating jefhatfield to the punch, oh well. I emailed him with the movie idea and mentioned the philosophy one in another thread, letting him take credit since he had a great theme going.

My ride:
    93 Mazda Navajo (Looks like a Ford Explorer Sport - 2 Door)
    Black
    V6
    4x4

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

nice car krossfyter...I used to have an '86 Celica GTS...man I loved that car...

ran it to the ground...

now I drive a '99 Camry...it's a very nice and comfy car...

but...I really want a VW Beetle...Silver....Turbo...

fits in more with my personality and the type of computers I use...he he he :p

5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

oh...and just wait till AlphaTech gets in on this thread! ;)

6. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Re: '96 Tacoma Extended Cab...

OK :D :D :D

pretty appaling by most standards, but i have a skoda, the car to bear the brunt of all jokes! It's not that bad though, just doesn't have much style (unlike my absolutely gorgeous tibook :))

edit: oh yeah, which would i like? That'd have to be the Audi TT. That car is just sublime!

7. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Re: macs and vehicles....

Humm... drive a purple Lumina *gags* which goes surprisingly well with our graphite iMac *gags again?*, but I think a silver Lotus would go well with a TiBook (i own neither... yet)

Dream car would be the new Lexus, with the nice screen in the dashboard, but I wonder if it would clash with anything but an iBook... Poor thing would have LCD envy anyway :)

pnw

8. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i have a tan volvo

i want one for my wife

my rev a ibook is like a mazda miata...round, cute, but fast (at least in late 1999);)

9. King Cobra macrumors 603

In my dreams...

I would win the New England Powerball lottery, spend about 0.5 million on an F60, hook up my iPod to the car and to my ears, and play a burned CD with the same songs.

Until then, I will just be using my dad's 1997 black corvette w/340BHp+ and the CD!

I think he's reading this!

10. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

Re: Re: macs and vehicles....

dude!!! a silver lotus?!!!! that would hella rock. good one to go with the tibook.

11. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

thanks.

yes the camrys are very comfy. have you hand any kinda trouble with it...in any way?

12. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

he might explode this thing wide open right? heh.

13. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

re: krossfyter

the Camry is an incredible car...it's a 4 cyl....gets awesome gas mileage...smooth ride...quite...never a problem in the 3 years I've had it...truly a great car...

as for Alpha...and I hope he doesn't mind my talking about him here...he just got a killer truck he's awfully happy about....and he's got a friggin' Harley....he he he... ;)

14. cornelius macrumors regular

means of transportation

my mean of transportation rightnow is a 21 speed Schwinn Bike "Frontier", fast,stable and smooth, metal-blue and stainless-steel kind of color. Waiting for my dad to drop some dough for me and get the 2002 Super Charged Exterra (silver lookin). my dream car convertible Audi tt, guess ill have to wait fot that one when i graduate. but maybe before if i save some money ill help my dad rebuild his original mini cooper s (i think thats the right name) is a red one,dont know the exact year,but i know its an original, and it was a racing one also. and i think that the cooper the old one and the new one (done by bmw) go with the imac,ibook and the tiboo, depends on the cooper's colors.

15. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

Re: re: krossfyter

toyotas are reliable aye!!!

i expect to go over 200,000 miles on my celica without anything major happening to it. right now im at 100,000 and its hasnt had anything wrong happen to it. eventually i will need to get new brake pads though.

16. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Oh, you want my car. :D

Personally, I prefer not to have a car at all, but I'm at a job that isn't convenient for public transit. I got the Beetle last year because if I had to get a car, I figured I might as well get something that would be fun to drive... and it is.

17. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I loved my Celica a lot...but I ran it into the ground...I think it was around 175,000 miles...so be careful when u really start getting up there...he he he

my Camry is just 3 years old but I have over 50,000 miles on it...been driving it around everywhere....

sorry about the reply subject...thought I'd dedicate an ode to myself... :p

18. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

i suggest you sell your beetle to eyelike art...or something!:D

19. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

oh hell yeah! :D

my friends (well most) think I'm nuts to want one...they think they are ugly & "gay" (should be in the other thread don't ya think?)...

whatever...I want one...and I'm jealous u have one...he he he ;)

20. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

Re: 1700

well yours was an 86 right? so i should be okay when i near 200,000 since i have a 94 .... im thinking. dont know.

21. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Re: 1700

it was an '86...which I got of out in late '98....it was getting "old"...

22. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Cars are so dumb

A bicycle, a $50-per-semester bus pass, and a pair of legs are all anyone needs. No car payment, no insurance, no maintenance, no expensive parking, much better for the environment, and good exercise! Bicycles and public transit forever! Get off your duffs, you lazy fatties!

And on that note, does anyone else like the blue Subaru WRX?

Alex

23. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: macs and vehicles....

I answered the first one, but forgot the other two.

What do I want: practical-F150 quad cab. Haul people and haul crap, best of both worlds. Not very good though for parking.

impractical: one of the new minis, or a convertable turbo bug (when they become available)

My G4 Sawtooth: Stylish Audi
    My TiPB: Convertable Porsche 911

Why all of these are German, I'm not sure. Just good engineering and nice looks.

24. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

hmm i'm in the market for my first car (i'm 17)... i need something nice, but cheap (under 2k) so i can still afford a new mac for college

any suggestions?

25. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

under 2000 ? you would have to go used and really look around.