Mac's back at Best Buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by eric_n_dfw, Apr 17, 2004.

1. eric_n_dfw macrumors 65816

Jan 2, 2002
    DFW, TX, USA
  2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    hmmm its in stock too, i wonder if this means that the pilot that apple conducted was benefical enough to go ahead and keep their products in Best Buys. or perhaps they will only be available through best buys website? who knows? maybe we will get some answers soon
  3. Nny macrumors regular

Apr 7, 2004
    You missed something.

The pilot was about having Apple retail employees staffed in the Best Buy stores. I never even saw an Apple employee in the stores (maybe it was just a weekend thing like CompUSA). But, alas, there will be no more Apple reps inside Best Buy. However, Best Buy is continuing to sell the products. My local Best Buy has Apple products... about a ten foot section with two iMacs, an eMac, a 1.6 GHz Powermac, and a Powerbook on display (all still running Jaguar).... also saw Apple mice and keyboards, Panther, Office v.X., Virtual PC, Keynote, AppleWorks, and Halo. Pretty nice layout. Just no Apple reps. From the boxes stacked up on the rafters it looked like all the systems were in stock, too.
  4. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Jul 6, 2003
    Los Angeles
    My local Best Buy (Burbank, CA) is just like Nny's. I have to say that the state of those computers is horrible though. They're off half the time, and when they're on they have the worst desktop pictures, the drives on the desktop are all names with random characters, and the docks are full of useless stuff. You'd expect that with a million people touching them, but they're locked down. You can't do anything to them.

And they're all running Jaguar. I tell you it's no way to display a Mac.
  5. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

Mar 7, 2004
    OK, USA
    HorrorTaxi: Thanks for posting that. I tend to visit the Los Feliz, CA BB and there's nothing Mac about it! I talked to a few competent employees and they told me that they won't carry Apple products anymore. It must be a per store basis.