Mac's Birthday

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Chip NoVaMac, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

So with tomorrow being the Mac's Birthday how do plan on celebrating?

2. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

I'll give both my SE/30 and my tiBook a big hug :)

in addition, my 'book will get it's screen cleaned with iPolish and the compact will get a complete system reinstall...

hooray, what a glorious day..!

vSpacken

3. etoiles macrumors 6502a

etoiles

I am going to celebrate by giving my computer the day off... (ok, ok, I did plan to go snowboarding anyway) ;)

4. B@SS_SHOCK macrumors member

Turned on my 128k, played with MacPaint and turned it off. There celebrated Mac's B-Day by using the first one! Only because I'm a day ahead of you's in the US!

Hey and did you know that there are signatures inside the case! I opened it up and found all these names on the back of the case! Woz's was there!

5. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Re: Mac's Birthday

Sleeping in. Its a Saturday. I don't celebrate company birthdays not even my own. Microsoft, Apple, Toshiba, Best Buy. *shrugs*
    OK, OK, so I _MIGHT_ stop by the Apple store tomorrow and see if anything new pops....er.....up.
    *shakes head* I just imagined Jobs jumping out of a cake.

6. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i want to celebrate mac turning 20 by turning on my computer, logging on, and finding that apple inc just announced a G5 powerbook or g5 imac...that would be a great way to celebrate the 20th for the most influential personal computer ever to hit the market:D

7. Sabenth macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

Hmm its come its gone and not a dam thing:( oh well

8. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Re: Re: Mac's Birthday

I guess a better image than Gates popping out of a cake wearing a g-string and pasties. (shudder)

9. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

seven a.m. out here pacific standard time/cupertino time and nothing yet, but i will give it a few hours and see what happens

come on apple, give us an announcement:D

edit: but i did see an article on the cnn home page about mac turning 20 about 8:30 this morning...i am going to go back to bed and hope to see something when i wake up

10. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Well and I let my iBook ON all day ! To give him freedom and that it can do what ever it wants :D Isn't that nice ?

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

A better question would be 'How does Apple plan on celebrating?'

Its quite surprising that there is nothing seeming to be going on there.....:confused:

D

12. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Someone needs to tell Apple.Com its their birthday.. Gosh. Not even a new splash graphic or nothing.

13. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Yep :confused:

6 pm over here (CET), so 9 am in Cupertino.
    Nothing on the Birthday-Boy's site?

Strange. Would have expected something...

14. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

since it is a weekend perhaps come monday they start the celebration if any, but then again they love tuesday, and then again the super bowl, its starting to get to me like everyone else. all i want is a new G5.

15. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

donthurtme, i am now also wondering if there will be any major celebration ;)

i think they may have a little news item or even a "happy birthday" on the front page, but apple inc will release a new item or speed bump when they are ready and it may not correspond with this anniversary or the superbowl...of course, that would be nice and that was my hope

but i think of what they have done rather recently...G5 for desktop, large 20 inch imac, panther, alu 15 inch powerbook, G4 in the ibook, G5 xserve, and a mini ipod covered the bases

the only major thing that has not changed is the emac and i only think speed bumps and increased ram is all they will do for that model as well as better prices and that will be welcome

this day, or the coming superbowl, or any time within a month, would be perfect for a completely new apple inc item or major software release...i am excited and treating this as if it were another macworld sf

update: now at 630 pm, pst, there is still nothing on the apple website...i guess there are no surprises today