Macs, every where I look

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by /dev/toaster, Jul 28, 2006.

1. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

First off, I have only been using a Mac for 3 months now. But, ever since I got my Mac ... I notice Macs more and more when I wouldn't have previously. For example, in movies, commercials, TV shows, advertisments, etc.

I am pretty sure its not something new, since many of the places I see them poping up are shows from years ago.

Anyone else noticing them selfs doing this ?

The strangest time I noticed it, was at JFK airport last month ... I was walking towards the free wifi area and there was a sea of Macs. For unknown reasons the Mac people kinda clinged to each other in this 1 corner. There was like 20 of us LOL.

Then on the flight there was like 8 people using Macs and maybe 2 Windows users.

2. atticus1178 macrumors regular

that is because macs are just a higher quality product, and you are so proud of your high quality product that you notice them so much more

welcome to apple! it is more than a computer, it is a life / addiction!

3. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

i started noticing them in entourage alot. ari has one in his office and his daughter has some sort of macbook

4. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

^^That is the BEST show. Loyd has an iMac too. I believe his daughter's is a PowerBook.

And to the OP, yes I thought about posting a thread about Macs on TV/Movies a week or so ago but was too lazy.:eek: Anyway, yes I notice them 10x more now that I'm a Mac user. (Have been for a year) I subconsciously say in my head "Hey.. iBook, Hey.. iMac, etc":D :D

5. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

That happens with everything pretty much.

For example, there's this unique looking car I'm interested in and now all of a sudden I see them everywhere. They've always been there, you just haven't noticed them.

6. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I've always noticed people using Macs, especially in Cafes...

...but they always looked like demi-tramps or total geeks.

Come to think of it, out of all my Mac sightings I can't remember a single guy in a suit.

7. Shamus macrumors 6502a

Shamus

Thats because they are thinking different. ;)

I had the same thing, when I first got my Mac about a year ago. Suddenly, they were everywhere to be seen, from TV to real life. I think its great, it builds a sense of community in a way. When you see someone with a Mac, and they see you, there is already a common ground that you both have. :)

8. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Alienware has a whole section on their web dedicated to "sightings."

Macs are the sexy supermodels of the computer world, except they aren't all beauty and no brains. :rolleyes:

9. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Its not just TV though! I was in Sun River, OR with some family friends and there was 5 Macs and 3 PCs!!! :) and the day after one of the families got there daughter a macBook for her 16th b-day.

10. iRachel macrumors 6502a

my favorite mac sighting was last year - I was working on a paper in a cafe during finals, as were many others. About 20 of us had laptops computers - every last one of them was a mac. There wasn't a PC in sight :D

11. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

Well fine. Just for you I'll dress in a suit (well, tie, jacket, and khakis; I don't own a proper suit) next time I use my MacBook in a cafe and have someone take a picture of me. :p

12. SwitchedBack2XP macrumors member

I think this thread should win the platnium award for Apple PR and you've hit every single Mac sterotype known to christ.

god i can't stop laughing

13. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Yes you see this is it, everyone I've so far seen with a Mac looks as though they've spent everything they have on their Mac.

14. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

i watched 'american pie: band camp' yesterday, and the main character does alot of videoing and making movies. of course... he uses a mac