Macs + F1

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Ensign Paris, Mar 1, 2002.

?

Do you like F1?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

How many of use Mac fans also like F1?

I am personally a Ferrari fan and I have been since about 1992.

Let me know!

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I do love Ferarris.....such gorgeous looking cars......overpriced....but still awesome to look upon.....

but I honestly don't follow racing much at all....

3. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

I assume...

...since the last post was about cars that you're talking about the F1 Mclaren. I don't quite see how that relates to Macs, or even computers, but oh well. Personally I like Porsches, although the last model Mazda RX7s are really nice. Someone modified one so it got 650 horsepower out of its tiny little rotary. I tend to think that Ferraris/Lamborghinis/Vipers/etc... are fine, but they take a brute force approach to performance. A 911 turbo with a 3.3 liter (I think) turbo flat 6 beats the crud out of a Viper with its 8 liter V10. Ferraris are a little better, especially the smaller ones like the 360 modena, but things like the F40 (or whatever its replacement was) are a bit...P4ish.

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Same thoughts here art, by the way, when did you achieve demi-god??? And when do you get that nifty little icon by your username?? But Ferarris and Macs do have a lot in common, the look really cool, and they're really expecive. Macs are worth every penny though, so they aren't overpriced.

5. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Well qualifying just finished so I can't say I can walk outside and hear them... but I could an hour ago :D (Read my location to the left...)

F1 rocks. I'm a McLaren fan. I'm also a big fan of the blondes in red QANTAS gear. And I don't mind the brunettes, either. ;)

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I contributed $30 and got the mug earlier today.....

I also updated my avatar earlier today....

I guess I was a bit active today? he he he....:p

7. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

RE: DEMI-GOD

did you really get the demi-god status by donating 30 dollars? or did you get it by surpassing 1,100 posts?

either way, congrats

no matter who posts 500 or 1,000 posts, or more, there has to be something a big time poster posts that everybody somewhere on this forum finds useful...to answer posters who gripe about the big posters

speaking about macrumors demi-gods, what has happened to spikey, the first big time poster on macrumors? is he back as another handle?

ps- about cars, these days, after the dot.com bust over here, i could do well with a mazda miata

8. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

9. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

the only time i ever heard of an f1 was when a homey street pharmacist, as they call themselves, decided he might buy one with cash...i like the car, but those guys with all their guns and fancy cars and gangsta 'tude scared me and i am glad the cops cleared them out of the blvd.

10. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

jefhatfield

u kill me!! I haven't heard anyone on the streets talking about F1's...but when I do I'll be sure to let u know...

yes I contributed $30 to the site....my mug will be on it's way early next week...and I get a bump in member status (as well as access to the private forum)....now if only I could stop the rumors about Apple PDA's my life would be complete ;)

thanks for the "shout out" as the street guys u know what say...he he he...

I think spikey is still around isn't he?

11. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i don't know all the street lingo, but the gansta thing got really big where i live right after the movie "colors"...two gangs had a shoot out right in the middle of the movie (i hope people got a ticket refund though)

what amazes me is how much money some of these guys make and how often they seem to get put back out on the street right after they get caught

i once read a very interesting article about street gang felons in new york city who became hackers and how they made money (stole) that way...many of them did not do well in high school but they sure knew their way around computers...probably because they smelled easy money...or copied bill gates ;-)

12. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

ever read 2600 The Hacker Quarterly?

not much related to Macs....but u could get into the groove I'm sure ;)

13. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

re 2600

i have seen it...it is a very useful magazine

i plan to take some grad school courses in digital security to give my computer business an extra service in the future...but i know the hackers are so far ahead of us traditionallly educated folk

many hackers are young young kids too smart and too advanced for their own good without the proper judgement to temper their incredible talents

many of the young hackers grow up, get families, get real jobs and drop off the hacking community because they have something to lose and these mature hackers start to lose their skills

...but it's those young kids with seemingly nothing to lose that continually push the envelope...and they tend to share their ideas (and boast) with each other...which makes them exceptionally dangerous