Macs in media/entertainment!@@

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iLoveMyMBP, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iLoveMyMBP macrumors regular

iLoveMyMBP

So i just watch " An Inconvenient Truth " and i noticed Al Gore was on his powerbook thoughout the whole movie!! now that I'm a mac user I've noticed them in telvevision and in movies. Post your mac sightings!!!

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Not only was he using a Mac, he was also using a mac program, Keynote. :cool:

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I just saw a PowerBook in an episode of Monarch of the Glen tonight.

Lately, I see just as many instances of Dell computers, though, especially during the local news. They were showing FEMA tonight concerning the tornadoes and there were Dell laptop computers.

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Well, considering Al Gore is on the Board of Apple it would have been heresy for him to use a PC. ;)

Unfortunately there is a flip-side as well. Example, when you go to today's BBC frontpage http://www.bbc.co.uk/ — UK Version (not international) — the pic illustrating "Safer Internet Day" has a guy using a MacBook Pro — but the Apple logo is airbrushed out… just another faceless PC. Of course you can't hide the elegant lines… but I hate it when they do that.

5. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

i spotted a MBP/PB on Neighbors; it was recognizable by a silver case an a hint of a white glow coming from the back... sexy...

i also spotted a Mac Pro at the sound desk of an afi gig i went to recently, and a MacBook Pro at an Eric Clapton gig.

6. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

Just one? When I saw them in London they had a MP and 2 MBPs!

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I've noticed that whenever the newspaper from where I live has anything about the internet in an article the picture with it usually is from a Mac program.

8. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

9. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

They are invading us everywhere. President Palmer on 24 used one, CTU has them everywhere (along with a few Dells) and I am pretty sure NCIS has some.

10. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

Or it's called actually using the computer and it just happens to be a Mac because they like it.

Or are you referring to the television shows? :eek:

11. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Also, in Accepted (with Justin Long) they used Macs :) (obviously lol)

12. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

price is right has been using macs as prizes lately. before the intel switch, i don't remember them giving out macs as prizes. they were always dells or hp's (they only do american companies, so no sony, toshiba, acer or any of the foreigners). i saw a macbook, one power mac and a few imacs, most recently today (she didn't win it though).

13. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I took my niece on a video shoot she was doing for the Phoenix Metro Bus (local bus company), and at one point in the video she was supposed to be on the internet so the director just pulled out his 17" MBP and gave it to my niece to use for the shot. I would have been nervous handing my $3,000+ machine over to a 12 year old, but he didn't seem to mind.

14. dopey220 macrumors 6502

dopey220

The oldest Apple product placement I've noticed was an ad for the Apple II on the back of a newspaper in the 1983 movie "Trading Places."

15. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sorry, but we no longer permit these "Mac sighting" threads. There are enough Macs in media these days that the thread will become "write-only" - one that accumulates posts without being of much interest to most forum readers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.