Macs Never Crash!

Discussion in 'Community' started by hardon, Feb 24, 2004.

1. themadchemist macrumors 68030

Jan 31, 2003
    Chi Town
  2. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    and those are the same people who will say that windows is perfectly stable if you don't mess with the registry/DLLs or know how to use them...

right. :rolleyes: why do i have to tiptoe around?
  3. macmax macrumors regular

Sep 5, 2002

Recently i bought my girlfriend a Mac, eMac.

Well the thing just blew up and i found out she still has the box, but she discarted the white foam.

The machine is only 1 1/2 months old.

I need someone to sell me the white foam , or to loan it to me and i will send it back to you as soon as i come to the store with the eMac for it's warranty,

Thanks from the bottom of my heart if anyone can help me,

email me at :
  4. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    We have Steve Jobs and his team that our beloved Mac doesn't crash. Mac OS X is an awesome software. It just continues to get better.
  5. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    as for crashing...all computers do

but macs crash less often and pc users never seem to know that...many pc users have never navigated through mac os so they think we are some sort of cryptic cult and they are scared they would have to relearn everything and start from scratch

but what they don't know is that a lot of the windows look and feel is stuff uncle bill stole from us in the first place and it wouldn't take long for just about any pc user to get used to mac os

when windows copied the mac os the first time, it was a crime but they largely got away with it...but when windows xp got copied the aqua look and feel apple had with mac os x, i was surprised that apple tolerated such a ripoff and how could microsoft go around and use the name XP when we have "X" in mac os x

next up i can imagine microsoft copying the ipod, they would probably call it the mspod and have mstunes and they would hit pepsi up for an offer for free downloads:p
  6. rueyeet macrumors 65816

Jun 10, 2003
    The other frequent comment that kind of annoyed me were along the lines of "why do you always have to praise Apple/bash Microsoft". The rest of the popular tech press spends so much time bashing Apple that I think it's only fair for Coursey to fly in the face of the trend and give Apple some positive press for a change.

Another standard Windows apology is that a "properly maintained" installation of Windows, especially XP or 2000, is just as stable as OS X or any other *nix variant. Fine and dandy, but there's a heck of a lot more the average user is expected to do and to know to achieve that when running Windows--install their own firewall and AV, deal with the constant stream of patches, and steer clear of registry foul-ups and DLL conflicts.

And that's without user screw-ups, and how easy it is to delete vital Windows system files....I just spent half a weekend restoring my dad's PC, because he mistook what directory he was in while in DOS mode, and accidentally deleted (at the least). The white-box chop shop that built the thing reinstalled Windows, but did NOTHING else to restore functionality. The Mac wouldn't have let him massively mess up his system like that--AND the re-installs would have been easier: just drag the apps over from the back-up.

The Mac just requires so much less in terms of maintenance, upkeep, and expertise to have a "properly maintained" installation than Windows does.