Mac's Novelty?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by CubaTBird, Jan 22, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

I have a friend who thinks apple's products are all novelty compared to pc and he refuses to take part in such things. What do you all think? He says apple is so sure of themselves that they just need to put the apple logo to show off their stores..

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

He obviously hasn't got a clue what he's talking about and may just be saying these things to wind you up...

Laugh it off.

After all, s/he who laughs last, laughs loudest.

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

He doesn't sound very open-minded. Fine, we don't want those type in the world of Apple. :)

4. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion , saying that’s Macs have a novelty about them, well in most part that may be true, in fact that’s probably why I switched. I now know from experience that Macs are for me, I believe them to be more stable, I love the ilife applications as well. I still use PCs because some of the software I need only runs on windows. I wonder if your friend has ever used a Mac? If he knows you like them, he may be trying to wind you up? I’ve had friends Like that, But look at them now, they all have ipods and love them!

5. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Noveltys that came out in the late 70's.

Maybe this "novelty" is older than your friend!

That'll shut him/her up.

6. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

If by "novelty" he mean fun to use then is right. :p

7. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

How many noveltys ?sp? are sure of themselves? He's right that they're sure of themselves. The logo means "We sell FANTASTIC computers - and the odd iPod or two ;) " rather than plastering the store with stupid logos and promo price offers.