Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dave00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
Did anyone else notice that the machines used to produce the video spots promoting Microsoft Livemeeting were Macs? (This was in the latest episode of The Apprentice.) I found that especially interesting. Wonder how Microsoft took it.

Dave

JeffTL

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
That's what's usually used for video editing; nothing surprising here, and I doubt that Apprentice sponsors HP and Microsoft really could care, being as the Apple logos were taped over for HP's benefit and the Microsoft commercial run during the episode was probably itself made on a Mac.

Dave00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
JeffTL said:
That's what's usually used for video editing; nothing surprising here, and I doubt that Apprentice sponsors HP and Microsoft really could care, being as the Apple logos were taped over for HP's benefit and the Microsoft commercial run during the episode was probably itself made on a Mac.
I didn't notice this - the apple logos were taped over? I agree it's not unusual for video spots to be produced on a mac, in fact this is the norm... but you'd think for a product placement for microsoft, in which you'd think they'd have their pick as to who did the video, they'd try to find a windows team. I think it's mud in the face of Microsoft that their own video teams use macs...

dave

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.