Macs rule!!!! 7 to 1!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wPod, Oct 16, 2006.

1. wPod macrumors 68000

Aug 19, 2003
    Denver, CO
    So I am sitting here in my normal study location at school. Over the past year I have noticed the number of Mac users increasing. When I first started school here I was almost the only Mac user. There were maybe one or two I would see on occasion. In the past year I noticed the number increasing pretty significantly. About 1/4 of the computers in the study area were Macs, then about 1/2 were Macs. Well today has to be the best day of all! 7 Macs (my 15" PB 2 other 15" PBs, a 15" MacBook Pro, a white MacBook, a black MacBook, and a 12" iBook.) and 1 Dell laptop (who left just now as I was writing). The ratio for the past month or so has been b/w 1/2 and 3/4 but today has to be the best in favor of Mac!!!!

Thought you guys might enjoy hearing that!
  2. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

Mar 7, 2006
    I have converted 4 over the holiday tripling the mac community in my year at school. Go macs!!
  3. xsedrinam macrumors 601

Oct 21, 2004
    It's an oft repeated subject and still marginal in numbers, but for those Mac users who've suffered the verbal abuse and chagrin from their company's ITs and surrounding peers, things seem to be shifting somewhat.

I've been the butt of jokes from peers who've worked with me as regional directors for over a decade now, all of them Micro$oft, VAIO and Dell fanboys. Just this weekend, the hardest-nosed of them took me aside and said he was shifting to Apple when the Meroms come out. His son had bought a MBP and had managed to turn his head. All I could do was grunt a little. Maybe it's a new day.
  4. Killyp macrumors 68040

Jun 14, 2006
    It's the same story with me. Today, there were LOTS of Mac laptops in the IT center.

1 x MacBook pro (I'm special)
    4 x MacBook
    2 x iBook
    2 x PowerBook

And I counted NO PC laptops! :) When I got my MacBook Pro, which was about 6 months ago, there were an incredible TWO people in the entire school (including me) using Macs.

There are about 6/7 other people I can think of off the top who are looking at getting a Mac laptop (all PowerBooks and MacBooks)...
  5. iSaint macrumors 603

May 26, 2004
    South Mississippi y'all, near the water!
    One of my professor's syllabus has a statement prohibiting the use of laptops or PDAs in the classroom.

When I pulled my PB out during another class, I was drilled by the prof as to what I was doing with the computer. Uhm, taking notes perhaps?

:mad: :mad: :(

Hardly a progressive atmosphere.
  6. Shadow macrumors 68000

Feb 17, 2006
    Keele, United Kingdom
    I know the whole of about 2 peopke who have Macs. And I'm one of them. Converted people, but they just ain't bought yet. :(
  7. wPod thread starter macrumors 68000

Aug 19, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Heh, almost like one of my profs. He doesn't have a rule against laptops, but I have been taking notes viewing power points on mine all of the semester. (I am one of 5 students and the only one using a laptop) Last class he commented that he thinks im always watching movies on my laptop! And not in a joking way! So immediately closed my laptop. And today I helped kill some more trees by printing out the power point slides to take notes the old way!

well 6 PCs to 3 macs right now :-/ But a lot of MBA students so I guess they aren't learning that much if they are using PCs! heh.
  8. bearbo macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    haha, kids nowadays... perhaps if the professor puts something in the syllabus, you should take it seriously... it he EXPLICITLY stating the prohibitation of usage of laptop or PDA in classroom, you should considering not using one, be it PC or Mac
  9. it5five macrumors 65816

May 31, 2006
    New York
    He was saying it was a different class than the one with the syllabus. I read it the same as you did the first time, but then I saw this:

None of my professors care if we use laptops during class. My film professors tell us not to use them on certain days though when we watch a film or the lesson involves a lot of clips. The light coming from the laptops is distracting they say, and it casts too much light around the room.
  10. bearbo macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    haha, okay, well, still... if you know some prof dont like laptop during their lecture, why poke them?
  11. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

Apr 2, 2006
    I was the only one who had a mac last year in my school, a 12" 1.33Ghz iBook G4. Hardly anyone even knew what a mac was, and those who did hated them. Everyone called me a rotten Apple:D Now there are at least 20-30 others who have MBP's, iBooks, PB's and MB's:cool: :) ;)