Macs S@ck! ..........................(Crash Different)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zagato27, Feb 6, 2006.

1. zagato27 macrumors 65816

zagato27

Ok, did I get your attention:) ? Let me start by saying that we are a family of 6. Well, 4 here and 1 in college and 1 just graduated college and living in Michigan. Anyway, we have 3 Macs (G5 1.6; 2x iBooks 14") and 2 PC's( 1 PC (AMD) here; and 1 PC in Michigan). We have a lively debate regarding Mac's and PC's. Anyway, my daughter in MI sent me the following links. Hmmm, makes me wonder how she found them or WHY she found them???? I'll have to talk to her bout that:rolleyes:. I imagine that everyone has probably seen them as "you" guys are up to speed; on top of things; one step ahead; and with it. At least more than I:eek: . The whole family watched the videos together and just "roared". Funny isn't the word. "Crash Different" was just hilarious. The second one (gamer) is a subject that my High School sophomore son "ribs" me about all the time. He thinks that Photoshop and Pong are probably the only games available on the Mac. Who cares, I'm not a gamer. Anyway, we can all laugh at ourselves once in awhile. Check them out.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8317851492628123681&q=why+macs+suck

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2285904448784173497&q=why+macs+suck

2. johnnybluejeans macrumors 6502

Haha. They are both pretty funny. The "crash differently" would be more funny if there was some truth to it... but the truth is, my Mac rarely crashes.

My favorite quote, "You know which games for the Mac are going to be good because you played them all like 5 years ago on your PC."

3. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

Seen both of them. The amount of BS in them makes me grind my teeth, whilst occassionally laughing. The stuff in them only happens in windows.

4. XraggedX macrumors member

XraggedX

"i like this little handle here.... so you can use it as a BOAT ANCHOR!"

HAHAHAHA great line

5. gammamonk macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

6. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

i think the first guy is just making fun of people who make fun of macs, but he's not really clear about that. The ads were both funny - i thought the second guy was better though. The gamer thing is true. Fortunately that doesn't matter as much to most people as it did 5 years ago because most people game on consoles. Many games that used to only come out for PC or came out for PC first appear for consoles first now.

7. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

There must be 1,000 posts of this video on these forums by now. Meh, I'll watch it all the same.

8. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

9. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I can honestly say that my Mac has never crashed. It's never even been rebooted :D

... it's 6 days old :p

10. weg macrumors 6502a

weg

Wish I could say that. I found out that on my Powerbook, plugging in a camera while viewing a slideshow in iPhoto is not a good idea (nah.. it doesn't really crash.. but the only way to stop the slideshow is to turn off the computer).

11. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

"On a Mac when it's time to upgrade, you just pick it up throw it away and go buy another one"

Great! :p

12. PCMacUser macrumors 68000

PCMacUser

Yikes, thanks for the tip though. Hey nice country by the way, I was in Switzerland a couple of days ago. I started running out of money though, so couldn't buy a watch while I was there (a much better investment than any computer!).

13. zagato27 thread starter macrumors 65816

zagato27

14. NWAMacTech macrumors member

nothign against you, but this has got to be the stupidest video/music ever.

15. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

those videos are getting really tiring.. they gotta be at least five to six years old by now...

16. steelphantom macrumors 6502a

steelphantom

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I have to agree. Just... oh my... :eek:

17. bill4588 macrumors 6502a

bill4588

these vids are kinda discouraging to those like myself who are in the process of switching over.....:(

18. PCMacUser macrumors 68000

PCMacUser

Aww don't be discouraged. It's all about having a realistic and balanced viewpoint, and if you can't laugh at some of the weak points of a platform from time to time, what hope is there?

19. bill4588 macrumors 6502a

bill4588

which points about mac were true?

20. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

Pretty much none of them. The only one that was remotely true was the one about gaming, and even that is changing.

21. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

i've used mac since OS 9 and even if there was no 10 i would STILL be using a mac, and i could count the amount of times the system crashed on one hand in 4 years of use of os 9

most users didn't switch till OS 10 --- and this thing is rock solid --- i had one kernal panic in 3 years of using jaguar on a G4 400 , and i just upgraded to Tiger and a after market upgrade card and this thing is even more rock solid

those videos are funny but they don't have significant grounds.

it a complex machine ... nothing is perfect ... but the thing comes pretty damn close

- i hope this intel/binary fiasco doesn't prove me wrong

22. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Yeah, these videos get old rather quickly, except for the Windows crash of course! ;) I just hope the wrong people don't come by these videos and get the wrong idea.

23. Timepass macrumors 65816

Well I remebering seeing this videos when I was in HS which means it was well before XP and OS X. I want to say OS 9 and OS 8.6 where the norms. dating back then my experinces with macs (compared to windows) was that the macs just crashed more offen and had a lot more issues that windows computer didnt have.

24. emaja macrumors 68000

My Mac has locked up once when I was transferring about 40GB of data from my PC and my wife rebooted it. I have had one kernel panic and that was when I unplugged a USB hub/card reader when I was powered up - against the warnings of the manufacturer.

Twice in two years and both due to user error. Not bad at all.