(A Year Later)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by michaelrjohnson, Jul 31, 2006.

1. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Aug 9, 2000
    I don't like to resurrect threads, (especially ones over a year old!) but since I made a claim last year about the domain, I thought it was only right to revisit it.

On June 26, 2005, I started the following thread with this post:
    If you may remember, in the days following the Apple-Intel announcement, there were discussions about the name that the new computers would get conversationally. One of the main choices was Mactel, but some MR members noted that Mactel is the name of a wireless phone provider in Alaska. Now that Apple has filed for the 'Mactel' trademark, no longer displays the linked redirect page.

My guess is that it will redirect to within the year.
    It has been over a year, and not only does Mactel not direct to, it doesn't direct to the mobile phone company that it used to!

I made this claim based on the threads here on MR referred to Apple's new Intel-powered machines as "Mactel"... Which was well before Apple re-named their lines of computers to MacBook, MacBook Pro, etc... I think this is an interesting snapshot of the Mac world, one year later.
  2. sparks9 macrumors 6502a

Jan 29, 2003
    Um... congratulations ?

BTW: I have never seen Apple call the computers 'Mactels'...
  3. Daedalus256 macrumors 6502

Nov 7, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    It's a pretty popular term, I don't know how you missed it.
  4. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

Jan 6, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Note he said "I have never seen Apple call the computers 'Mactels'." Not "I have never seen the computers called Mactels."

Apple doesn't, AFAIK, refer to the computers as Mactels.
  5. michaelrjohnson thread starter macrumors 68020

Aug 9, 2000
    They never have.

I was just noting a prediction that I made a year ago was wrong. I didn't claim this was the thead to end all threads. :)
  6. eidrunner247 macrumors 6502

Jul 4, 2006
    Still, it's pretty cool that you can remember a thread you posted a year ago! I don't remember what I posted yesterday :p