mactheripper/dvd2onex problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 737flyboy@gmail, Aug 16, 2006.

1. 737flyboy@gmail macrumors newbie

hi...just bought my first mac(book) and have been having great success making copies of my dvds with mactheripper and dvd21x till about a week ago...now every time i try to rip and burn a dvd i get the following message..

"unable to create vobfileset 0 in folder '/users/jc/moviename.img/video_ts' "

it also looks like the audio folder that is created when i rip a dvd is empty...any idea what happened and how i can fix it...thanks

2. slagonnee macrumors member

Are you having DVD2oneX create a disc image after you rip from MTR, or ripping the disc into a disc image from MTR itself?

Don't rip into a disc image (didn't think it was possible), but just onto the harddrive itself - MTR will create a folder for you. If you use Toast to burn you don't need DVD2one to create an image.

Also the AUDIO_TS folder is always empty (unless it's a DVD-Audio disc). The protocol was to create the folder and leave it empty - older DVD players had problems if it wasn't there - but newer DVD players (and computers) don't care if it's there or not, and it seems some commercial discs don't even have it anymore.