MacTruck, Has anyone tried this powerbook case?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Koree, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Koree macrumors 6502

Hey,

This "MacTruck" looks pretty sweet. It's for sale at https://www.radtech.us/Products/MacTruck.aspx# Has anyone tried this thing? If you can give me a link to a review or something, that would be great.

Thanks ahead of time!

2. RoyBatty macrumors newbie

I too would like to get some reviews on this case...very interested.

I too would like to get some reviews on this case...

I currently have an aluminum powerbook that I purchased last year and it suffered a slight dent that I was able to force back --very carefully-- after a case I had it in simply tipped over and "BOOM!" Fortunately nothing worse happened to it, but it really hurt. From then I have been thinking of way to keep it safe and found the MacTruck while looking at RadTech's site. They have a review posted and it sounds pretty good to me. It's a hefty sum to pay, but good insurance against some nasty mishaps.

Have you purchased this case? I wonder because it appears you have an Ibook and not a Powerbook for which the MacTruck was designed. If you do have the case, please let me know how it's worked for you.

Thanks,

Luis

3. timsq macrumors regular

timsq

Looks bulletproof! I don't dig hard cases though. I like the way it folds out, but where do you get that much room? Too bad Willow Design is gone... well they have a few bags left.