Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macjim

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2004
macunlimited mail problems

sure have had problems with both mailin and mailout timing out without sending or receiving messages...
hope this gets fixed soon

macjim

update: have emailed this message (edited) to support@macunlimited.net

kettle

macrumors 65816
Original poster
I had thought that it was an adjustment made by Macunlimited to prevent the mail server being accessed by service providers other than themselves.
Even when I use their 0845 dialup to access I'm getting problems, even on their webmail service.

I understand that Macunlimited is part of a company called breathe.co.uk, though I may be wrong about that.

Anyway, if you get to the bottom of this then post the info here. I'll do the same. TTFN.

macjim

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2004
problem acknowledged - hopefully solved

from their website,
http://www.macunlimited.net/index.php?channel=service+status&pg=service

service status

We are aware that many users have been experiencing e-mail problems lately, caused by a large surge in demand for our services.

The facility has been upgraded to cater for our customers' requirements, and you should now have normal service.

We'd like to apologise for any inconvenience caused - please refer to the FAQ below if you need any additional information, or call the Technical Support team on 0870 046 5544.

Yours,

macunlimited.net

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q. Do I need to change any of the e-mail settings on my computer?
A. No. Everything will work properly with your current settings.

Q. Will my email still work as before?
A. Yes. There are no changes to how your email will work.

Q. Is my e-mail still safe?
A. Yes. There may be a slight delay before your e-mail is available, but it is totally safe.

Q. Can I still use Web Ma

kettle

macrumors 65816
Original poster
seems ok

celaurie said:
Is anyone currently having issues with the webmai service or pop access with macunlimited?

~cel

Mine seems fine at the moment. I've had an account with them for about six years and they've always had rough patches. Mine is still running as an email service even though I rarely use their dial up service. Emergency purposes only.

Reactions: celaurie

celaurie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2003
Scotland, UK.
I have never used their dial-up service. I just use the e-mail as it offers pop access and is a lot better than most of the free services (yahoo, hotmail, etc.)

My pop access is farting out occassionaly, despite having checked my settings and the web acccess is 404ing on me.

Hrm, rough patches suck and so does macunlimited's support but what can you expect for free!

~cel

kettle said:
Mine seems fine at the moment. I've had an account with them for about six years and they've always had rough patches. Mine is still running as an email service even though I rarely use their dial up service. Emergency purposes only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.