MacUpdate Bundle: 11 Mac Apps for $49.99, Including Parallels Desktop

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 6, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A few times a year, MacRumors partners with MacUpdate to promote their Mac application bundle deal.

Their latest bundle delivers at 11 Mac applications for $49.99 (a $457 value if all purchased separately). Notably, it includes Parallels Desktop 7, a popular virtualization tool that allows users to run Windows on their Mac.

The full bundle includes (retail value in parenthesis):

- Parallels Desktop 7 ($79.99) - Run Windows and Linux apps alongside Mac OS X.
    - ScreenFlow 3 ($99.99) - Screencasting software allowing you to record your screen.
    - Civilization V ($39.99) - A turn-based game to lead a civilization through time.
    - Jaksta ($49.99) - Record virtually any audio or video stream from the Web.
    - Espionage 3 ($19.99) - Easily encrypt and password protect individual files or folders
    - Speed Download 5 ($25.00) - Boost your file transfers so they take full advantage of your Internet connection.
    - Attachment Tamer 3 ($14.99) - Apple Mail add-on that gives you enhanced control over email attachments.
    - KeyCue 6 ($28.00) - Learn and discover keyboard shortcuts
    - A Better Finder Rename 9 ($19.95) - Batch rename dozens, hundreds, or thousands of files.
    - My Living Desktop 5 ($29.95) - Turn your Mac's desktop picture into a high-definition video.

The first 10,000 buyers also get BusyCal ($49.99 value).

All apps together are being sold for $49.99 until June 20th. MacRumors is a promotional partner with MacUpdate. Bundle sales through these links benefit MacRumors financially, and provide a way for readers to directly support this site.

Article Link: MacUpdate Bundle: 11 Mac Apps for $49.99, Including Parallels Desktop

2. macrumors 6502

Well, crap, I bought Parallels on sale for $60 a while ago. Now I could get that and Civ 5 for less.

The rest seems to be the usual assortment of software that seems grotesquely overpriced for what it does when compared to free alternatives.

3. macrumors 6502a

Parallels, Screenflow and Civilization V are worth it enough for me to buy it!!
    Great bundle!

4. macrumors 6502a

Too bad I already own parallels. That and civ v is worth it.

5. macrumors 6502a

Finally. Been a few years since they had a package worthwhile for me.

I bought one a few years back that was worth it to me.

6. macrumors 6502

atticus18244fsa

This is acutally one of the better bundles I've seen in a while. Between Screenflow and Parallels (which are both awesome programs) you already come out way ahead.

7. macrumors member

is runnign parrelels slow the mac down?

8. macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Not to troll... There's nothing in the MUB I'd actually need/want, and usually these are GREAT!

9. macrumors regular

It can. The easiest way to avoid this is by adding more RAM to your machine.

10. macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

I would have purchased immediately had they added Adobe CS6

11. macrumors 68000

Hastings101

If I didn't already have Parallels and ScreenFlow I'd buy this. Would have saved quite a bit of money and finally gotten around to playing Civ 5 lol

12. macrumors 68000

\-V-/

Already bought a few of those. ;( Thanks for the notice, though.

13. macrumors 68000

IKR. $28 to learn how to use keyboard shortcuts?!? Devs would be laughing all the way to the bank if people were really that lacking in intelligence.

14. macrumors 6502

coachingguy

How come these bundles tend to run around the same time. I got an email about a bundle from Productivemacs

http://www.productivemacs.com/

And no, I don't work for them... :roll eyes:

I don't know which one to get, they both offer excellent values and software, but like most bundles or old Albums, not all are worth the price of admission...

I'm really interested in DevonThink... Does anyone use it? have any advice?

Thanks,

Coachingguy

15. macrumors member

Nice plug, however, I'm ok. Thanks for all the Apple news coverage, though, and I'm anxiously awaiting what new Mac products Apple will be releasing next week :cool:

16. macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

A Better Finder Renamer works well. I've been using it for the last four years , definitely I'd recommend it.
    Might as well just buy that app alone.

17. macrumors regular

...and Logic Pro 9

18. macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

Causes kernel panics and other problems. Good alternatives are VMware Fusion (v3.x.x and v4.x.x) and VirtualBox v4.x.x.

Seriously? Use DownThemAll within Firefox and/or JDownloader (to download YouTube videos). For all other tasks, Fetch is a good alternative.

Good choice.

Seriously? *lol*

19. macrumors 6502

Not on the new Mac Pro I'll have next week

20. macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

21. Stella, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012

macrumors 603

Stella

I've been using Parallels for the past 3 or 4 years, including version 7 and I've never had any related kernel panics.

For games you can't beat Parallels. I've got VMWare too for other apps and gave up.

As always YMMV.

I've got the majority of these apps, but if you haven't its certainly a great deal - Speed Downloader, Parallels 7 and Screen Flow certainly stand out.

The bundle at http://www.productivemacs.com/ is a great bundle.

22. macrumors regular

No one can seriously whine about this package. Civ 5? Parallels? Screenflow!!!
    These are awesome programs in their own right, but bundled together for 50 sheets.
    Madness.
    Shame I already purchased them all at full price
    :rolleyes:

23. macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

I don't have the newest version but i've enjoyed using ABFR. Makes taking and managing a lot of digicam photos easy.

Way more power than the avg person knows about. Just some of the stuff you can do with metadata and iTunes or EXIF tagging is amazing when you want to create a standard for naming files.

----------

What? I can't have both?

;)

24. macrumors 65816

Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    I've been meaning to try Parallels, anyway, so getting that plus a bunch of other stuff is well worth the price, I think, though most of these apps I have no use for and I already own Civ V.

25. macrumors regular

$50 upgrade to Parallels Desktop 8 incoming soon (and probably mandatory to use with Mountain Lion).