MacWorld 2006 Prices...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Pistol Pete, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Pistol Pete macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

i want to attend macworld 2006 but can not find any specific information on it.

i know it will be in SanFran but i cannot find prices ticket wise?

what will i be able to do there as a "regular attendee"?

Thanks,
    Peter

2. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

I just got invited to AppleExpo 2005 (Paris) via email, with a link to an Apple website to sign-up for an "electronic badge.
    I'm not entirely sure why I got this email, It may be because I use .Mac, or even because I have an Apple account (on the web store) and have bought a few things there.
    Hopefully, nearer the time, you may get one of these!?

P.S. You may want to minimize your Sig. - It's awfully long.

3. cwerdna macrumors 6502

I think you should be able to get passes to get in for free w/o too much difficulty (a little closer to the event). That's how I got into the 05 Macworld Expo in SF. As a regular attendee w/free tix, you can definitely visit the show floor and see all the exhibits. I doubt you'd be able to attend any conferences other than say the Jobs keynote.

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

By "regular attendee" do you mean just vising the exhibits? Or are you interested in attending the educational conferences.

Here is the website for MWSF 2006, you should give them your information. Then they might send yopu more information when it's avaiable. Usuually they wiil offer a free exhibit only pass it you register by a certainb date.

http://www.macworldexpo.com/live/20/

5. Pistol Pete thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

i would like to see the jobs keynote, and see the exhibits. what i meant by a regular attendee is that i am not a delveloper or anything just a mac addict...

ok i will go to that site and keep eyes on it, i really wish to go this year.

if you guy have any tips etc. like how long the lines are and stuff like that please let me know!

Thanks a lot!
    Peter

6. Pistol Pete thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

ok i figured id let you guys know only boston is available for registration now. ill try again after boston!

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

As mentioned, floor passes ("Exhibits Only") are cheap to free. The "Conference Pass" (which gets you into the keynote among other things) usually runs around $200.

8. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Does that give you a seat in the keynote or do you still need to que to make sure you get in?

9. Pistol Pete thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

i would like to see steve but...im broke....ill take the exhibit pass so i can play with the new stuff!

right?

10. iHateWindows macrumors 6502

Dude, it is only one line long.

11. Pistol Pete thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

well it was all of them one after another verticly, but then i changed it...i realized was to long anyway and i wanted to obey my MR gods.

at first i thought you were talking about the macworld line...