MacWorld 2006 Weather Forecast

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IJ Reilly, Dec 27, 2005.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Once again, the eagerly anticipated long range weather forecast for MWSF from the resident MR weather geek...

It looks typical January San Francisco weather is on tap this year, but it's early yet. Forecast to be updated every few days.

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Grrrrrr! :mad:

3. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Hmm so what will be my weather while Steve and Co. has 50- 60 degree weather? Hmmm 20-40 degrees freezing rain or snow:(

All these MWSF threads make me so excited!

4. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Thank you for sharing?

5. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I hope it doesn't sprinkle/rain. I hate rainy weather. I dont' even know hwere to park for the conference?!

But I'ma be there! :D (Just not for the actual keynote since I dont have the $ to go in and see it live :eek:)

6. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

take bart

7. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Hmm, the last I checked, the closest station to me is in Fremont a good 30 minute drive anyway then I'd have a pretty long ride up to SF; might as well make the boyfriend drive the two of us directly to SF. ;)

8. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Hmm.... MacWorld Walgett 2006 - has a ring to it don't you think?
    [​IMG]

9. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I don't get the reference. :confused:

10. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Reminds me of Syracuse weather, cold and rainy. At least its not snowing in SF. By now there is 3 feet of snow in Syracuse!

I wish I could be there, enjoy the Keynote and the weather!

11. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The latest model run is much drier. Might take a few more days for the forecast to settle down.

12. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

This year's Rose Parade in Pasadena, California will be on Monday January 2. Current weather predictions say it will rain that day, for the first time in 51 years!

It often rains the first week in January, but somehow never on Rose Parade day, which is either January 1st or 2nd. The last time it rained on the parade (other than a few light sprinkles) was in 1955! No wonder so many people move to California each year after watching the parade on TV.

The weather at Macworld is less important, since the events are indoors, but rain is still annoying to those who want to sneak out to see a little of San Francisco while they are there, or for those who drive to and from the conference.

13. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The forecast is starting to look reasonably dry, if breezy and cool. I'd be nice if it held up. We shall see.

A little rain isn't a huge problem and to be expected in San Francisco in January, but I remember a few years ago when it poured down practically the entire week and was windy and cold besides. I came back from that one totally exhausted.

I always stay at a hotel down by the Civic Center and enjoy hoofing it down Market Street, so I do hope for at least a bit of nice weather for the expo.

14. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The long range forecast models are still sticking with the clear and dry but cool and breezy scenario for MacWorld week, with Thursday and Friday looking like the coolest and breeziest days. We might just luck out this year.

15. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

This should be about it. Probably no significant rain for the entire week, but most likely fairly cool with gray skies most of the time.