MacWorld Expo Hype...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by G4scott, Jun 28, 2002.

?

How much hype will Apple put on for Macworld New York?

1. Strong hype

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. Moderate hype

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Normal hype

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Not much hype at all

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  5. No hype

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Just wanting to see what people think Apple is going to do before Macworld NY...

2. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Just the normal, I say. Last time they went crazy... I don't think we'll see that agin for a while. Unless it's their new plan to hype everything to the maxxx

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

It kind of depends on where I will be. I might still be in Maine for summer vacation, or maybe I will be at home here in NJ. If I am here or there, especially here, I will be watching as much of the broadcast as I can for Quicktime Streaming, assuming ther eis any this time.

However, I may be on the road home with my parents, so I won't be able to catch the 'cast. But I look forward to seeing what the PowerMacs will bring us; however, I will have to watch the 'cast streaming over 28.8k dial-up.

That's 1000. :cool: :cool:

4. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

How does your location make a difference as to how Apple will hype the expo???

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

At my condo in Maine I have an iMac, but I try to keep as little junk as possible on it. But I guess it's not an excellent reason.

Well, you think of a better one! :cool:

6. billiam0878 macrumors 6502

As I posted in an earlier tread, the hype/rumors do not seem to be in full gear.

Bill

7. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

You're right. I keep thinking that maybe poeple realise we won't see an Appel PDA or 2GHz G5s... but there will always be a few who go crazy in the hype (that they are creating themselves)...

8. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I don't think there will be alot of hype this expo. I think Apple will lay low and then shock us with awsome updates and cool new stuff;)

9. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

normal hype, i just can't think what will be announced.

COME ON OSX!

Ensign

10. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

i hope theres barely any hype and they give us big stuff like macmaniac said
    but they'll probably just put tonnes of hype n dont have anything diff cept processor upgrade on the G4 Imac

11. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I don't think we'll see much more then the usual MWNY banner.

12. Kethoticus macrumors 6502

Kethoticus

MW Hype

I agree with many of the posts here:

* Apple will hype nothing (considering how badly they flopped last Macworld);

* The rumor sites will continue to hype to completely unrealistic levels, as they always do; Mac worshippers will believe it; reasonably-minded Mac fans will not;

* The actual event itself will bring moderate improvements to the platform as a whole, but nothing near the BS rumor sites' expectations.

* Mac fanatics will either claim that these improvements are the greatest thing to hit the computer world since the microprocessor, or they'll apologetically defend the product line's impotence; less unrealistic Mac fans will be disappointed and will be flamed by the fanatics for feeling that way.

I'm seriously hoping for 1.4GHz G4s, running on a DDR-RAM mobo with IEEE1394b. But if I were to bet on this, I could not.

13. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

Re: MW Hype

If it "BS" then why are you here? ;)

14. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    i think apple will be very low-key on this one.

they overdid it at mwsf and i think it bit them on the butt...."backstge pass to the future", more like a free pass to a ben afflack movie....

please, no pyrotechnics-just show us amazingly improved gear.:)

15. vitruvius macrumors regular

at least the give Arn a nice slogan for MR :p

16. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i reckon there will be moderate hype. assuming they mention something about the 1GHz TiBook...