Macworld hype picked up on BBC website

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Jan 11, 2005.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Nice to see that the BBC is taking notice of the Keynote. The publicity is good for Apple.

2. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Nice to see the mainstream media picking up the story, because it sure doesn't help if it's only in the Mac mags. That's like preaching to the converted.

Hopefully the introduction of the new Mac Mini will make to the 11 O'clock news stations on TV tonight, but I'm not holding my breath.

3. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

What's even more impressive is that they updated the article within minutes of the Keynote finishing (19.17 I think) and then updated again a couple of minutes later. :eek:

Must be a Mac fan at the BBC then... ;) :D

4. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

Don't the BBC use Macs for their live text on screen now? I'm sure I read that a while back. Was it motion?

5. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

I know that a lot of their programming is being edited with Final Cut Pro HD now, not sure about Motion though, I'm not so sure that that's the best app for live text generation for broadcast.

6. VincentVega macrumors regular

Don't know, but apparently the laptops on the newsreaders' desks are Dulls. Darren Jordan, one of the newsreaders on BBC1, is a big Mac fan.