!!!!!!!!!!macworld!!!!!!!!!!!in 24 Hours!!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by LimeiBook86, Jul 16, 2002.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE MACWORLD CONVENTION, I COULDN'T SLEEP LAST NIGHT, ITS GONNA BE SO COOL! :) ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHO IS GOING TO THE SHOW TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT THE MOST FROM MACWORLD EXPO NY 02! Ok now that I've calmed down.... ah.....(sigh) I can't wait, what about you!?:eek:

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

WELL, I PROPOSE THAT 1.4GHZ MACS WILL MAKE THEIR WAY TO MWNY WITH DDR-RAM, ALONG WITH AN iMAC G4 UPDATE :D :D

I know I plan to get up for the 930 broadcast. I might capture some screen shots and I might tape record the episode. It better be done using mp4 video, as I can't imagine the living blue heck I would have to put my dial-up modem through. I'm starting to feel for the damn thing. :rolleyes: :cool:

3. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

chill

Hey Limer... chill the fork out Spunky... :rolleyes: :p

Unless you are actually going to MWNY, and it is your very first time, we do NOT need to hear it. :p

You also really should consider switching to decaff... or better yet, prozac (sp? you know the stuff, right queenie??). :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :p :D :cool:

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Not getting any sleep over a potentially lackluster MacWorldExpo is a little much. I'm more worried that Apple might drop the ball than anything else. The misinformation, rumor obfuscation tactic that's being used by Apple this time around is doing its work. Ah, for the good old days and 'Beyond the hype!'

D

5. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

can't hardly wait, can't hardly wait, can't hardly wait, can't hardly wait,
    common Apple, bring it on

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

well, you have no choice. I'd hate to see what you do xmas night. No sleep for you I bet....

7. vitruvius macrumors regular

hey Geert turn down the volume we can hear u clearly :D

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

hmm...I understand the enthusiasm...but this is getting ridiculous :rolleyes:

9. job macrumors 68040

job

At least some people are excited about this expo. :rolleyes:

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

especially since it doesn't look to be that great to begin with. although there always is some part of me that thinks there is a possibility of a chance that Apple will come out and knock us on our ass at one of these things

D

11. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

Sorry, misjudged the size while typing the post. thought size 12 was ok (thought it's the same as in word etc)

12. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

The only way that is going to happen is if they announce that they are moving the summer MW Expo back to Boston... :D If that happens, I will be able to go every year, and not have to travel into GD NYC.

13. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

There is a little button next to the "Submit Reply" one called "Preview Reply". Use it when you are doing anything to the text size or color to see how it is going to show BEFORE you post it. :rolleyes:

It's common sense, which is not all that common any longer. :eek: :eek: :eek: :p :D

14. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Nipsy

Well, at least according to Geert, Apples will be common soon!

15. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

That was bad tipsy, even from you, that was bad... :p :D

16. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

!

Well since Its my second time, I am still excited. I know the difference between the "post reply" and the "post thread button" I guess i was just not paying attention. LOL.... well see you at the show!;)

17. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

1.4 is too optomistic folks

1.2 is more like it and i will still be happy...really

no jaguar, no new ipod, nor faster portables, either

no new powermac case, but it's what is under the hood that matters

but i do expect an announcement of ddr ram and the actual ram to come with the systems in sufficient quantity before sept. school season or christmas at the latest

just my 2 cents

i hope i under-guessed on this one

less than 14 hours and counting!:D

18. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Damn it all, and the dentist's office just called and my appointment's tomorrow morning at 9! Figures!

"Beyond the rumor sites. Way beyond." Still waiting for that one, Apple... :rolleyes:

19. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i think it will go on 6:30 am our time on the west coast and 9:30 am east coast time in new york city

right?

so, now less than 13 1/2 hours left...he he

20. King Cobra macrumors 603

>(AlphaTech)[Limer] also really should consider switching to decaff... or better yet, prozac (sp? you know the stuff, right queenie??). :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :p :D :cool:
    Maybe Paxil or Risperdol would do the trick...too much and you sleep through the Expo! :D

Hey, hornyfield! :eek: Do you plan to rise bright and early for the Expo broadcast? I almost feel for you poor suckers for waking up up to three hours earlier than those on the east ends. Poor b@st@rds... :D

21. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

hornyfield?

try being my age, bucko! months short of 4 decades

sex drive diminishes big time

but good computer hardware still gets me excited but since i have been a tech 3 years and not 5, i have not burned out on computers totally yet:)

and i don't expect some amazing renassance on any front in my life...it's just getting up, working, spending money, paying the bills, going to sleep...and repeating until there is no repeating

22. King Cobra macrumors 603

>hornyfield?

So, you have forgotten... :eek:

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you jefHORNYfield!!!

BTW, remember when Time Mag. had the pictures of the G4 iMac on their site before the G4 iMac was introduced during the broadcast? A sneak pic could be available there tomorrow mornin'.

Now, do you remember, hornyfield?

23. dongmin macrumors 68000

dongmin

correction

The live broadcast starts at 9 am EST. I don't know when Jobs actually starts talking though.

http://stream.apple.akadns.net/

24. King Cobra macrumors 603

Right, 9:00. I thought somewhere someone orignially had posted 9:30am.

If that was me, then no big deal. It's 9:00 anyways, according to the Apple broadcast portion of the site.

25. voyagerd macrumors 65816

voyagerd

Hmm... should I watch the stream in 10.1 or 10.2?:p