Macworld in Boston anymore?

Discussion in 'Event Archives' started by macgeek77, Jan 17, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

Is Macworld ever going to be in Boston again?

2. macrumors demi-god

Zwhaler

Nobody knows. We will likely know when Steve plans next years Macworld. If it is at SF, there is a good chance it will always be at SF.

3. macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Apple doesn't put on Macworld. There used to be two Macworlds, one in SF in Jan. and another on the East Coast in the summer. The Boston show disappeared a few years after Apple stopped going to that one. The WWDC is now Apple's summer event.

4. macrumors demi-god

Zwhaler

Hmm. Thank you for enlightening me, since I have no clue what I'm talking about :) Well we will see in the coming years...

5. Moderator emeritus

More precisely, the Boston show moved to New York City. After September 11, 2001, they people behind the show wanted to move it back to Boston and Apple refused to participate for some reason.

6. macrumors 6502

Macintosh Sauce

I went to the last Macworld in Boston when Mac OS 8 was released. It was a fun time!

7. macrumors P6

wdlove

I don't think that there will be another MacWorld Boston. The attendance was very low at the last one that we had in Boston. Of course it would make me happy. Just don't think that the MacWorld Organizers will ever try again.

8. macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Next year's MacWorld is already set. It's a week later than this year's - but it's in the same place (Moscone West, SF).

9. macrumors regular

johnmartin78

I think the Department of Homeland Security thought the Macworld in Boston was a Terrorist Attack and shut it down......

I kid I kid.. :)