Macworld Magazine

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by upperblue79, Jul 28, 2004.

1. upperblue79 macrumors regular

Mar 26, 2004
    Little Rock, AR
    So here it is, July 28, not even August, and I just got the SEPTEMBER issue of Macworld, On the cover is 10 things about tiger and the new displays. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this mean, that this will hit store shelves in or near September? Doesn't that make Macworld look really behind considering new iPods were released and they won't be covered until October, over 3 months after release? Just a thought - Done with rant.
  2. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Jul 6, 2003
    Los Angeles
    The publishing business doens't move as fast as the internet. It just can't do it. The issue that's hitting the shelves now was probably done a month ago, and the articles within it even before that.

That's okay though. Most people will take it as new news. We who piddle our lives away on rumor sites and know about things the second they're released are a small minority.
  3. Finiksa macrumors 6502a

Feb 23, 2003
    No, most publishing companies own several magazines in the same genre. They tend to stagger the cover date on the magazines so they don't appear to be duplicating content to the people who are browsing news stands, even though they're all published at the same time.

The cover dates are pretty much artificial.