MacWorld Music

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by eyeluvmyimac, Feb 2, 2003.

1. eyeluvmyimac macrumors regular

I was just thinking back to the keynote back in Jan. and was wondering if anyone knew what song Steve used in iDVD for the sports theme.

It was during the rowing video in the sports theme, there were two songs, the first one was kind of a country/folk type song, then the second was something you'd hear in like the matrix or something -- and that's the one I want to know. If anyone could please let me in on it. Also, if anyone has QuickTime 6 Pro you can watch the higher quality version of the keynote and maybe read what it is called.

Thanks!

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

really bad with songs...but i believe one of them was porcelain by moby.
    Then i couldn't read the rest...i wonder what kind of music SJ listens to...

3. eyeluvmyimac thread starter macrumors regular

thank you so much, that was it!

cool

now if only i was talented enough to edit my movies to make it look like it did in the keynote -- of course they probably used FCP3 which is out of my league, but I can dream.

If you go in any of the apple stores, supposedly the music is straight off SJ's iPod, so take from that what you will.

4. janey macrumors 603

janey

iMovie isn't as good as final cut pro/express or avid xpress dv or any other video editing software but it's entirely possible to make something really cool with iMovie. It's still better than a lot of video editing software available for PC's.

The songs on the iPods at the apple store only have like a max of 20 songs and they're stuff like cellophane and SJ doesn't look like the kind of person who'd like Amanda Ghost's music.

5. Macette macrumors 6502

speaking of songs, what was the song (a joni mitchell song?) that played before the keynote? anybody? bueller?