MacWorld New York Keynote 2002

Discussion in 'MacRumors News Discussion (archive)' started by arn, Jul 8, 2002.

1. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

MacWorld NY Keynote to be broadcast in Quicktime:

Watch Apple CEO Steve Jobs deliver the Macworld Expo keynote address from the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York. See the live webcast right here on July 17 at 9am ET exclusively in QuickTime. It's an event you won't want to miss.

2. macrumors 601

Backtothemac

I wonder if Apple will start with the hype this week? Beyond the rumor sites.....

3. macrumors 6502

If someone could PLEASE save the keynote for me I'd be truly greatful, post it on KDX (AmbitiousLemon, you have a server, think you might be able to post it there?) Otherwise please send me a PM and just hold on to it, so I can get back to you and give you my email, or whatever, THANKS!!! :D

4. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I'm still waiting to see if TechTV announces that they are broadcasting it...

5. macrumors 6502

Same here. Beats the streaming webcast doesn't it! ;)

Bill

6. macrumors 65816

Nipsy

You can ususally get these from Apple long after the speech has ended. Someone here will post a link to the stream, which will be saved on Apple/Akamai servers for you to watch when you've got time.

7. macrumors 6502

I've got $20 on Steve wearing a black shirt and jeans. :D

8. macrumors member

first time

For the first time in history Mr. Jobs will wear a white mock turtleneck to show off the now PowerMac line which will all be in a stunning white case.

-fuge

9. macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

Webcast Shmebcast

Can anyone out there actually view these things? We've got a T1 line at work and if I do get the stream (BIG if), then it's practically unwatchable & the sound kicks in and out. It's easier to read a play by play....

10. macrumors 6502

I cant get RT streaming video, even though I can watch 300k sec. quality prerecorded video from apple quicktime immediatly after I click on it. Then I go to Nick.com, and I get an error.

11. macrumors regular

Tech TV keynote broadcast?

Does anybody know if Tech TV will air the keynote live? I think they've done this in the past, correct?

12. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Re: Tech TV keynote broadcast?

They haven't announced it yet...:(

13. job
    macrumors 68040

job

Didn't TechTv bash the last keynote?

14. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Hardly...Chris Breen from MacWorld magazine was there providing play-by-play analysis...

I think you're probably confusing it with Dvorak's diatribes.:p

15. macrumors 6502a

I'm sure TechTV will cover it. They've done it for the past 3 MW's, so I'd say it's become a kind of tradition for them.

16. macrumors newbie

Let's not forget about the Apple Stores. Last MW I watched the keynote live from the International Plaza in Tampa, Florida surrounded by other mac fans. It was great! Plus, if Apple unveils a product available immediately, you will really be one of the first to get it (before supplies run out in the store) or use it.:cool:

17. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Good point, and welcome to the forums!

I prefer watching it from home, since I have to be in at work immediately afterwards...but watching it at the local Apple Store would be great fun under different circumstances!:)

18. job
    macrumors 68040

job

Oops. :D

19. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

TechTV Coverage

Here's an email I just got from the TechTV folks regarding the keynote:
    Sounds like a confirmation to me!:D

20. macrumors 603

>(iH8Quark)I've got $20 on Steve wearing a black shirt and jeans. :D

>(fuge)For the first time in history Mr. Jobs will wear a white mock turtleneck to show off the now PowerMac line which will all be in a stunning white case.

What are you two bullsh!!ting about now? The color of Steve's clothes? You two must really be out there... :D

Guys, regarding the Expo using streaming Quicktime...I managed to capture a lot on the San Fransisco Expo with 28.8k dial-up. I lost the video much more often than the sound (but with sh!tty dial-up this "foolish mortal" won't have better luck! :D).

21. macrumors demi-god

szark

I thought about the Apple Store too, but if it starts at 9 am ET that would be 6 am here -- somehow I don't think they'd open that early... ;)

22. macrumors member

switch

other than the upgrades in their various lines...the keynote is definately gonna be devoted to switching PC-users to Apples, this is a guarantee...

adel

23. macrumors member

gropo

well...

I'm getting up "butt crack" early in the morning and riding my pretty Raleigh over to the SoHo 'Gap-ple' in an attempt to suckle the big-screen 'electronic teete' in there... Maybe I'll get lucky, maybe not.

24. macrumors 6502

Mr. G4

I think it's 9:00 am PS:D

25. macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

I'll be up for a latish night here in Sydney to watch it..