Macworld San Francisco 2008 Keynote Transcripts?

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 31, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

We've received two purported transcripts for the Macworld 2008 Keynote. For some reason, fake transcripts appear to be a popular thing to submit to rumor sites. We publish these for discussion and interest and feel that they do not represent legitimate transcripts about what to expect at Macworld Expo 2008.

Article Link

2. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Transcript #1:

3. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Transcript #2

4. macrumors 68040

Daveway

Link is dead.
    Hasn't this traditionally been fans writing about what they hope to see? It's written in the same style last year's was, and it was off by a large margin.

Mac nano sounds a lot like AppleTV and that SSHD costs as much as an entire mac mini right now.

5. macrumors 65816

I still believe the olid-state drive technology is not mature enough to go mainstream.

6. macrumors 6502a

Awesome way to start a keynote! Make sure and tell everyone that nothing is going to be as good as in the past! :rolleyes:

These are pretty weak looking.

7. macrumors 68020

Wild-Bill

The Mac Pro needs to use the 1600FSB chips, and the video card options had better be worthwhile, not old tech.

8. macrumors 6502

If those speeds are correct those would be 1600FSB.

The major problem for me is the ACDs. I doubt they could do LED backlighting at those prices. Furthermore, There are much better panels available now, including a 24" H-IPS panel. At this point 23" panels are hard to find. I don't see Apple sticking with that size.

9. macrumors 68020

guzhogi

The first transcript seems plausible, 2nd one seems like total BS. Sounds really cool, but very doubtful. But I'll wait & see.

10. macrumors 68000

bc008

i dunno, "mac nano" sounds so weird

11. macrumors 6502

Mac mini will be discontinued as it sounds like the new half-sized big mac from McDonalds

12. macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

That one'll do me since it has the MBP in it!

13. macrumors 603

aswitcher

I dont recall a transcript ever being valid...so fan boy dreaming at best. Shame, some nice ideas here.

14. macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

MacWorld is not far away. I'm just waiting patiently waiting at this point.

15. macrumors 68020

JML42691

The first one sounds like the most likely (product wise), but there is just something about it to me that just seems completely wrong. The second one sounds like what my dog just left in my backyard, but both are probably a load of BS that a fanboy wrote to screw with our minds, I guess time will tell.

16. macrumors 603

ArtOfWarfare

That idea about being able to boot into either full Mac OS X or Front Row in the second one sounds like a load of crap. I mean, why? First off... how many people turn off their computer? And second off, I see no issue with just launching the full Mac OS X and then running Front Row at start up.

And the second one's tablet sounds like it's just an enlarged copy of the Nintendo DS.

17. macrumors 68020

phungy

Only ~2 weeks left!

18. macrumors 68020

JML42691

That is what I was thinking, and that tablet thing would probably be the biggest fingerprint magnet that Apple has every made.

19. macrumors regular

evilyankeefan

This obviously can't be true. There's no mention of The Beatles coming to iTunes. :)

These do give a whole new meaning to "everything but the kitchen sink".

20. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I don't believe that Apple would provide a BR option but no HD DVD option, due to past comments:

"Apple is committed to both emerging high definition DVD standards—Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD."

21. macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

Let's not set up ourselves for disappointment.

22. macrumors 68030

iPhil

That's why my standards around this time of the year are near rock-bottom for MWSF..

The numbers part that Jobs will announce is true .. Since it's the almost the first thing he discusses @ MWSF every year.

23. macrumors 6502

I bought my macbook pro just recently and I can return it up until jan 8. Should I take it back and wait to see what happens at macworld.

If you knew anything about either formats you would know that apple is on the blu ray board. So I don't think they would be supporting HD DVDs. Unless this is some new marketing scam I haven't heard of yet.

24. macrumors demi-god

GeekLawyer

The post is coming from inside the house!
    Wow. That's an overwhelming load of BS. Some things, maybe. But by and large -- wow.

25. Guest

Darkroom

humm... the first one sounds nice... but i can't remember a time when apple released that many updates during a single keynote... (mac mini, mac pro, macbook pro, displays, and new ultra portable)... defo written by a fanboy...