Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yorkslad

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2005
I was thinking

what if the ultrathin rumours are more like a remote display - with limited onboard storage that works with your desktop. On the go it uses a simpler interface like the ipod at home it allows you to use a vnc type client, optimized to have function to your main machine.

The price point could be low, between the ipod touch and the lowend macbook...

in the air could be the connection to your main machine.

Just a thought

I love that idea, just like apple tv can access stuff on your main machine, why not take the concept a stage further. You could even have access to other macs or pcs, given you have password etc. Whilst we need more storage to hold our digital lives, why not detach it from the portable and sit it in your home/office!

davidchan100

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2006
Small resolution screen

Please have a look at the GarageBand photo, the size of the menu bar is not coming from a 20" or 23" LCD.

Can it mean something to the comfirm the "Macbook Air" ?????

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
He's commenting on the source resolution you dope. Just because the projector scales the image, doesn't mean it doesn't retain it's layout.

For presentations, usually you can use a lower resolution so that more people can see the app running.

I'm in charge of projection systems at church and have a front projection system at home for my home theater.

Not bad for a dope....

sycho

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2006
For presentations, usually you can use a lower resolution so that more people can see the app running.

I'm in charge of projection systems at church and have a front projection system at home for my home theater.

Not bad for a dope....

Well anyone that knows a thing about a quality presentation knows that you don't set the projector to anything but it's native resolution.

overcast

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007
Rochester, NY

Not bad for a dope....
Head of the AV club at your local church. Let me step aside grand wizard. I guess projecting on a screen 100 feet across doesn't allow more people to see an app running.

Atwater27

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is going to be some sort of live feed for Mac world out there?

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is going to be some sort of live feed for Mac world out there?
If you mean the keynote presentation in an hour, there will be live coverage of the Macworld keynote, with still photos, at MacRumorsLive.com. A QuickTime video of the keynote will be available later in the day at apple.com. The details are in this article.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.