MacWorld Subscription?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by JCntx1, Apr 20, 2004.

1. JCntx1 macrumors newbie

Recently purchased new ibook - noticed that there was no card or notice at registration to get the free MacWorld subscription which I thought was customary. Anyone know if that's still the case or not?

2. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

When you register your computer, they will send you and email and you can choose what you want your gift to be. I did this about a month ago and they are starting to send me a year subsription to Macworld.

Here is the website to register you computer...https://register.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/GlobaliReg.woa Good luck and enjoy the magazine. :)

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Heh, I never noticed that email until two or three months after I registered my PB :D

4. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

Interesting though, when my company bought 3 Mac G3s a while back I got MacWorld and MacAddict, after about a year I dropped MacWorld and kept Addict I think it's (in my opinion and for my needs) a better mag, plus you get the CD with all kinds of goodies on it with each issue.

5. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Right now I am getting both Macaddict and Macworld, but I think I will let my Macaddict subscription run out. The magazine just isnt as good as it used to be :(

6. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

I remember when i was like 12 years old loving the MacAddict magazines i would get at seven eleven.

Those cds chock full of shareware. I installed so much crap on my performa from those cds, i was constantly reinstalling the system software.

7. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

I guess I'll have to go back and do some comparison again. What I'm having a little fuse over is that Addict's archives are incomplete. They list everything that was in an issue but you can only see "a few" articles in full. :mad:

8. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

Go with the physical issues. I've had lots of problems with the ziono reader rubbish, including my entire subscription being year old issues.

9. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

yeah i wouldn't go for an online magazine of any sort. Since you're online already, you could just look up the information on the net.