Discussion in 'Macworld San Francisco 2008' started by magicjames92, Jan 15, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

Apr 15, 2007
    Think about it. It takes a second. AIR! SWEET! Sexy, awesome comp. Wait...expensive, no ports, sucky hard drive. SWEET! NEW TOUCH FEATURES! Sucky new dock, $20 update. Seriously. Come on Apple. I love ya, but you need to stay up to standards.
  2. Guest

Aug 5, 2007
    Las Vegas,NV
  3. macrumors 68000

Aug 8, 2006
  4. macrumors 6502a

Jun 27, 2005

get a life
  5. macrumors regular

Jan 7, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    Get a clue ;-)
  6. macrumors member

Sep 7, 2005
    Oh you poor thing! I really feel for you.

How dare Uncle Steve not give you exactly what you wanted.
  7. macrumors regular

Aug 27, 2006
    Minneapolis, USA
    i think the rentals are a great thing! but i know the disapointments about the macbook air
  8. macrumors 6502a

May 5, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Personally, I am glad Apple didn't update the MacBook since I just bought one in November. :p

Though I do agree, the MacBook Air did look amazing at first, but now I would never want to buy it due to the lack of ports, RAM soldered to the motherboard, and the non-user-replaceable battery.
  9. macrumors 6502

Jun 20, 2007
    True but the battery still costs the same as a MacBook (@129) and is installed for free.
  10. macrumors 6502

May 7, 2007
    New York, NY
    crappy macworld! no nothing! not even a leopard update :( WHERES 10.5.2!?!
  11. macrumors 68040

Jun 27, 2006
    Rhode Island
    I knew there wasn't going to be anything as huge as the iPhone, but I was still a bit disappointed. I've never been so underwhelmed by a Macworld keynote. I remember being as giddy as a mouse on caffeine after MW '06, and since then I haven't really got that effect. There just wasn't anything super cool this year, except for an overpriced super-thin MacBook (that besides the price tag, I think is pretty cool). But I really didn't see anything amazing in the software department, which is my main interest. Sure the iPhone stuff was cool, but I was hoping for some sort of update to Leopard. I've never had much interest in the :apple:TV either since I don't have a widescreen TV, but I hope some of the new stuff finds it's way into Front Row.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
  12. macrumors newbie

Jan 14, 2008
    I was impressed with everything at MWSF. Will be buying an Apple TV when we see international movie rental/download. Love the Time Capsule idea, and I need a new router. What I didn't like, however, was the dirty, cheap-ass $20 upgrade idea. But considering the amount of flak Apple is copping, I think we'll see an apology+free update soon. Maybe. Hopefully.
  13. macrumors regular

Oct 15, 2006
    I was gonna get a mac mini - no updates there - no updates to macbook or macbook pro - i don't really see the market for the macbook air - i mean it is really expensive very few i/o and really only good for people who want thin laptops. I knew the iphone announcement was stunning but i was expecting something good. This is the first macworld where i don't see anything fitting my needs being updated. Apple remember your other computer lineups please.

14. macrumors 6502

Jul 7, 2005
    New York, NY
    I'd have to agree that this Macworld wasn't in the top tier. Movie rentals.... idk, sure it's nice but nothing to wow over. So the big show stopper was supposed to be the Macbook Air then. I guess they did make a really thin notebook, but I don't really see the point. And at that price, I think few others will. Software updates for the iPhone and iPod touch are expected and to include them in Macworld is kind of strange. We'll see what becomes of the products announced today though...
  15. macrumors newbie

Jan 14, 2008
    Loads of people have been disappointed, me included. I have been looking forward to macworld, more than christmas day. I check loads of apple websites everyday and what I think is that they all have built up far too much hype and apple did not perform or live up to expectations.

I was checking the live feeds waiting for something nobody had expected.

There was no surprise, no one last thing to pick this macworld back up and tell the apple fans, 'this is why you love apple'.

Perhaps I was expecting to much. I wanted jobs to prove the rumors wrong and blow us away with something extraordinary.

The price for MBA, is far too much. especial as a first revision. Im just glad i bought an imac and not wait for this laptop.

I would like MBA to grow on me. Apple are still absolutely brilliant, but somehow do not think they delivered the goods everybody was expecting.

MBA was coming undoubtedly, but nobody predicted at that price.

Apple I still love ya! please suprise us next time!! Steve, prove to us again that you know what we want, before we do!
  16. macrumors regular

Mar 25, 2007
  17. macrumors 65816

Feb 22, 2005
    Frankly, I'm pretty annoyed that Apple promised the UK movies on iTunes in 2007, and now it's been delayed to 'late 2008'! Is it ever going to happen?!?!?!
  18. macrumors 601

Phil A.

Apr 2, 2006
    Telford, UK
    The only "complaint" I've got about MacWorld is the money I'm about to spend on a MacBook Air, an :apple:TV and a Time Capsule ;)
    Every one of the 4 items Steve talked about today gets a big Thumbs Up from me - couldn't be happier :D
  19. macrumors newbie

Jan 14, 2008
  20. macrumors 6502

Oct 23, 2007
    Yorba Linda CA
    No! Get a MacBook Air!
  21. macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2007
    On the wall behind a Stopper II
  22. macrumors 65816

Feb 22, 2005
    Apple may use that slogan! Copyright it! Quickly! :D

The all new MacBook Air. Get a MacBook. Get a life.
  23. macrumors 6502a

May 15, 2007
    Could have been better, but i cant wait till the Air's come to the Apple stores so i can really see 'um
  24. macrumors member

Jun 14, 2007
    I liked (mostly) everything I saw.
    -Movie rentals cheaper than dvd rentals, cheaper than time warner on demand rentals, cheaper than rcn rentals...nothing to complain about there.
    -Time Capsule is great and probably will get one. Its an apple hard drive and an airport all in one, plus my WD Passport 160GB is full now. Will not be using it with time machine though. This product also works great with the Air.
    -I guess the updated iphone/ipod touch firmware and apps are alright, but I already had those things in my ipod touch (hacked) and will wait until the updates get hacked too.
    -Will not buy an :apple:TV just because I don't have a widescreen tv. If i had that and extra money to spend, with the price cut and very cheap rentals it looks good.
    -MacBook Air looks beautiful. Though I don't like the black keyboard, the presentation is nearly flawless...But the inside of this machine is not up to par. Maxed out at 1.8Ghz??? That is less than the MacBook... This is a bad move. No optical drive and no huge harddrive is no problem since people needing lots of space use external hard drives anyway, and there is no need to an optical drive since you can download EVERYTHING (on iTunes and iLlegally) that you would receive on a disk. Battery life is (apparently) outstanding too.
    -No cinema display upgrade is a disappointment, but that has been the case for the past 3 years..
  25. macrumors 6502a

Jun 19, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    I wasn't expecting too much, so I wasn't disappointed. I kind of wish they'd just update the firmware on the AEBS so I could use my current time machine disk with it without doing something "unsupported." Hell, I'd even pay for the update!