Madden 06 issue

Discussion in 'Games' started by MacsomJRR, Apr 17, 2006.

1. MacsomJRR macrumors 6502a

MacsomJRR

Weird issue and I wondered if anyone else encountered it...

I just installed Madden 06 on my MBP and everything went A-OK (or at least I thought it did) until I jumped into a game. The menu screens and side screens all work perfectly and then I try to start a game. The game comes up just fine but everything is SUPER DUPER fast and I can't for the life of me figure out what is going on. Is my MBP just too darn fast for this game? (I'm kidding). It's completely unplayable yet everything looks wonderful. I just can't get the game to play at normal speeds.

Any idea what could be going on? Is the ATI driver screwing up?

Thanks for any input.

2. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

You are running windows.:p

What exactly is wrong with the game? Look for driver updates from ATI, re-install madden 06, put it on higher/lower quality??

3. MacsomJRR thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacsomJRR

I wondered how quickly it'd take someone to mention that:)

4. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I had the same problem with XIII but I just un-installed it and forgot about it

5. MGLXP macrumors regular

This is common problem in Windows XP with multi-processors. You need to download the Multi-processor patch for Windows XP from Microsoft. Or while playing the game, press Alt-tab to temporarily exit the game, enter task manager (ctrl-alt-del or right click on taskbar), right click on the process (the game, eg. GAME.exe), and set the affinity to one cpu (press affinity, and unclick one cpu). This tells the game to only use one CPU. Then just re-enter the game and the "fast motion" should be gone. It is important to note that without installing the real patch, this fix is temporary and must be applied again if you exit the game.

6. MacsomJRR thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacsomJRR

Awesome reply! Thanks so much I'm gonna go give this a shot right now.

Thanks again!:D