Madden 2005 / Gamecube...

Discussion in 'Games' started by ijimk, Aug 11, 2004.

1. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

just wanted to let you all know i have 3 platforms i game on, Mac, Gamecube, Gameboy advance. Just wondering how many other mac users out there love nintendo as best console system? I tried Xbox and just could not get used to contoller it was really uncomfortable. NINTENDO 4 LIFE!

I just picked up madden 2005 and it is freakin awesome!!! If you remotely like football you will love this game. It has a couple of new features like create a fan and media mode. I haven't tried all of the new thing yet but the gameplay is smooth as ever. One downfall is the amount of memory blocks it takes up. ITS ALOT! I need to go get another memory card just to save everything. Hey if anyone else played it gimme a holla let me know what you think of Madden 2005.

2. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

I think Nintendo has some great games and is a great platform. I really am amazed by people who think of it as a "kiddie" gaming system just because it has games aimed at a wider variety of people.
    I think Playstation also has some great stuff. I'm planning on getting a PS2 for the Final Fantasy stuff alone.
    XBox is a big box of uselessness.
    Sports games are pretty much the same on all three the only difference being that XBox and PS2 have online play.
    I have NCAA football 2005 and its great, so I imagine madden 2005 will be too.

3. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

the xbox has one thing going for it like every other microsoft product: it can be hacked like crazy.

4. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

party

eh, i like nintendo when they had NES and SNES, n64 sucked, and so does gamecube...i peresonally dont like it at all, although yes, it DOES have some good games, but not really, the only reason for gamecube is Mario games...other than that its thumbs down...PS2 has tons of great and fun games, and xbox..well xbox the only worthy xbox game is doom3 and its not even out yet, so i cant say if its good or not...PS2 PWNS ALL!

5. Surreal macrumors 6502a

One thing makes me care for an x-box

Morrowind

Thought i was gonna say the h word huh?

PIKMIN FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my SP is a soldier...i am going to have to buy a new one...but this one survived two water mishaps...REAL BAD mishaps.

NINTENDO!!! but sony will have RPGs on lock for so long that i could never lie to myself and say PS2 isnt my baby. and frequency *shudders* o i do love my frequency.

6. MrSugar macrumors 6502a

MrSugar

yeah, I have a gamecube and an Xbox... xbox is well, for halo. Everything else I can, I get on gamecube. I as well just got Madden 2005, GREAT game, as it always is. I really like the new annimations, running seems much more fluid to me now. But I haven't figured a couple new things out, like the big hit thing, and probably most important (I usually consider myself an offensive guru first in madden not defensive) what are those reciever paths which branch off into different options, is there a way you can control which one the reciever goes on? Second, is there a way to change who you are playmakering, it seems like sometimes I try to playmaker a reciever or something and it pulls the wrong one (don't remember this happening in 04').

Well I feel nerdy now, but hey, let me know if you have any answers! Overall yes, Madden is tight and so is the gamecube!

7. lasuther macrumors 6502a

I just have a Gamecube. A lot of people love PC's for video games, but I rather use console systems for video games. The only game I really like to play on a PC is Warcraft, but the works better with my Mac since it has a better graphics card.

For GC I'm into Viewtiful Joe, Metroid, and Zelda. Right now I'm big into NFL Street. I'm working on a all University of Michigan Graduate team. Tom Brady, Charles Woodson, Anthony Thomas, Amani Toomer, and other players.

GO BLUE!!

lasuther

8. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

I have a Gamecube and a GameBoy SP. I don't play the gamboy really anymore, but boy can those things last a few falls. I'm pretty sure Nintendo aims there system at younger audiences with the games I don't like (Zelda, ect.) but they have done a good job geting some better games like Ghost Recon, MOH Rising Sun and Frontline, and even Resident Evil. Now the Xbox is one good system. Why? Halo 2! I have Halo for my Mac and now that I beat the game and I am in to the story I need an Xbox to play Halo 2. I'll get to that....PS2 is just another system to me. Nothing special about it :(

9. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I had been an all nintendo guy up until the current generation. I had the NES, original Gameboy, 2 Gameboy pockets, SNES, N64, Gamecube, GBA, and GBASP. I recently sold my GBA, SP, and Gamecube. I simply didn't play them. I think Nintendo has lost some ground in this generation, partially due to lack of good online play. People buy xbox's just so they can play with their friends online. The PS2, undoubtedly, has a bigger library, but, for some reason, Socom isn't enough for me to buy a PS2. I love my xbox. I love my online play. I love my halo, and I love my counter-strike. Clearly, I am an xbox fan now. You could say I am a Nintendo switcher...

10. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I know that you probably meant that as a MS joke, but it's true. People love modding their xbox's. It's something that other consoles can't do as well. Being able to "back up" your games is awesome. Pop in a mod chip, and BOOOM! you have a new console...

11. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

If the Nintendo Revolution doesn't have enough online play, they are going to lose a lot of people. Family's will probaly buy it so there younger kids can play Mario, because obviously they probaly haven't heard of online play yet. But it's going to lose a lot of it's popularity. The Xbox, on the other hand, has a ton of online play and is such a great system. Plus Halo 2 this November. So I need to get one. I'm not really intrested in Nintendo Revoultion anymore, and I probaly never will be again unless I find out it's truly a great system.

12. applekid macrumors 68020

Online gaming is growing, definitely, but Nintendo didn't see it as very viable at the moment. It's sorta messy if you think about it. If you have to find a service provider and maybe some networking hardware if you want to share a connection with a computer. MS sorta has right because the game service is centralized, but you still don't have a centralized ISP. To us, it may not be a lot of work since we're computer literate. But, to others, it may be a challenge. Nintendo would like to offer a package with hardware, a single ISP, and a single central game service, but there's no way for them to do that for now.

Anyways, even though my love is for the GameCube, I'd still go with Madden on the PS2. The PS2 controller is just ideal for sports.

13. MrSugar macrumors 6502a

MrSugar

The Nintendo Revolution

"Different also defines our approach to our next home system. It won't simply be new or include new technologies. Better technology is good, but not enough. Today's consoles already offer fairly realistic expressions so simply beefing up the graphics will not let most of us see a difference. So what should a new machine do? Much more. An unprecedented gameplay experience. Something no other machine has delivered before... ...the definition for a new machine must be different. I want you to know that Nintendo is working on our next system and that system will create a gaming revolution... ...I could give you the technical specs as I know you would like that. But I won't for one simple reason: they really don't matter. The time when horsepower alone made all the difference is over."

- Satoru Iwata
    President of Nintendo

14. mohmandm macrumors member

Always PS2

I always vote for ps2 over gamecube... you have to go with the numbers. I have more fun when I'm playing other people and when there's no one to play like w/ the gamecube it's no fun. Plus ps2 has a lot better games and more selection

15. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

xbox is the mac of consoles....

My xbox just works. I used to work at a mom and pop video game store in orlando. Of all the systems i had to send in for repair it was 1 xbox for every 5 gamecubes and 20 ps2's. plus its tough as balls. I went to a freinds house once for a lan party and set my xbox in a backpack behind his car to put it in the trunk then went to the front of the car. I forgot about it and he back into it. He didn't roll over it, but a controller go trashed and a my splinter cell 1 broke. My xbox had marks but worked just fine.

I'm not a "fanboy". I have played pc games since doom 1 and owned just about every console out there. (yes, even a 3do) Jaguar, jaguar cd,all the nintendos (including the rare upright nes) ps1(great games) ps2( not bad MGS2 was why i bought it, what a waste) gamecube(Super Smash Brothers is very, very addicting) but i still play my xbox most, expecially live.

And I'll say it again, the xbox is the mac of consoles.

BTW. does NCAA 2005 seem to have and "atrificial lag" when running run plays. It ran much faster in '04.

16. Foucault macrumors 6502

Foucault

I just love my Xbox. I got the PS2 when it first came out and it took me a while to admit that I purchased the wrong console. The built-in hard drive is more useful than having to use memory cards to save games. I love to build franchises with my sports games, and I always run out of room in my memory cards from my PS2. But with my Xbox, I am unable to play an entire millenia of Triple Play Baseball....

17. applekid macrumors 68020

I've been hearing lots of the current X-Box Live-compatible games are starting to lag. Would another X-Box Live update help?

18. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Nintendo may say it will be diffrent, but online play is still important. We could get an awsome console but it will have no internet play. So until I hear more, I'm not convinced.

19. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

Not lag online. I've never had problems with that. I'm saying in a "single player" mode. Whenever there is a run play. maybe its just me.

20. Semperfiero macrumors newbie

I currently own a PS2, XBox, and Gamcube. The gamecube is my most recent purchase because $99.94 for GC+Metriod Prime is a sweet deal. I think each console has its ups and downs. PS2 has a lot of games but most of them are far from good. How many racing/sports games does one person need. Personally I enjoy older games on PS2 (Devil May Cry, Onimusha, GT3, KH, FF-X). Really the only I look forward to specifically come out for PS2 is GT4. The Xbox I think is far better for FPS and fighting games. If I can't have a mouse and keyboard I would rather have a trigger feelin button. Halo, Halo 2, Half Life 2, Fable, and Doom 3 will be more than enough justification for me on owning the XBox. Plus I would rather pickup multi platform games for Xbox for the eye candy aspect. The GC I do not regret purchasing cause MP is a great game so far. After watching friends play it is finally my turn. I have played Zelda WW and that is a quality game as well. I am sure I will end up picking up many more games. If Mario Kart DD is as good as the first two I am sensing many hours of multi player fun being had.

School really needs to start so I will have a lot less money to blow. Specially since the G5 will be here soon and thats going to cost a pretty penny in extras. Why must apple tempt me with things like the production sweet :mad:

21. iDuo macrumors newbie

iDuo

I love my Xbox for two simple reasons. Halo 8-10 player system link every week-end. And dont say that you can have just as much fun playing it ont PC or Mac online, because I have tried it and you dont. I cant explain it, but I think its the atmosphere and the fact that you're with you're mates. My second reason is Xbox live. Absolutley fabulous!

22. iBert macrumors regular

iBert

Nintendo for life, until they die...

I've been with a Nintendo system since the NES. Thanks to my brother, but after that it has been the only system I've had. Except for both playstation but the only reason was so I could play SquareSoft games, specially Final Fantasy. But now that GC has it's own FF game no need to buy Sony and I've never like the Xbox idea. Will keep playing on Nintendo until I die or Nintendo quite's the business. Plus, GC has a PowerPC procesor that why you have to love it more ;)

23. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Nothing like a gaming system with a sub-par processor!

;)

24. Gatorman macrumors regular

I originally didn't like Gamecube and went with the PS2 a few years ago. However, last year, Gamecube started to grow on me, especially with the Zelda Collector's Edition, and I eventually got one. I picked one up last November at Wal-Mart's Day-After-Thanksgiving sale....what a mess that was! I was up at 4:45 a.m. to go get one...and managed to make my way through the plowing crowd, but it was one hell of a deal: The Gamecube and the Zelda Collection for $79, brand new! :D

I'm pretty happy with it. I do prefer my PS2 over it however, due to the fact that it has such a wide variety of games for all ages. Gamecube does have more of a younger target audience (which is why nintendo is failing the console wars), but most of those games are really fun. With the new Zelda coming out (which looks awesome by the way) I think Nintendo is going to try and start gearing toward everyone, rather than a young target audience.

25. MacUser1 macrumors 6502

MacUser1

i got madden 2005 collectors edition and ncaa football 2005 a couple of weeks ago and have been playing the both of them a lot lately (i play them on my ps2). i'm so addicted to college football, so i have to admit that i like playing ncaa more, even if it doesn't have as many features as madden, it still is a good game.