Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
I'm not sure how many have seen this, but I think it's relatively new. The Madonna iPod

Kinda cool. I'd kinda wish they offered sigs of other artists, but I guess it's all right if your a madonna fan... It's the ultimate must-have. I wonder how much these things will sell for in 2-3 years, or later on. They're definitely collectors items.

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Wow kinda cool.

Not bad prices either, I'll bet they'll sell for twice as much on eBay in a year.
ppphhht.gif

Maybe a good investment, buy about three, keep them in the origional packaging, sell two on eBay, keep one for myself (I luv Madonna!)

ibjoshua

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2002
New Zealand
Here's tha challenge to all you bored folk with nothing better to do.

Keep trying the following url but change out the word madonna for your favourite artists until you find something.

Code:
http://www.apple.com/promo/ipod/[B]madonna[/B] .html

then come back and tell us. :)

You never know it's worked before.

i_b_joshua

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
So there is no indication on the site about these special iPods, yet I went and did this....

What is this all about and how did you find out about it?

D

Attachments

• picture 2.jpg
    picture 2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 2,568

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
woah this is really random, the page doesnt even have the regular links up for the store so I'm guessing the promo isnt official yet, how did you come across this?

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
So it continues until MWSF. Maybe Apple's planning on announcing more artists then? This is a really cool idea. I would love to see a Weezer and a Ben Folds iPod.

nickmcghie

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
UCLA
wow.. this is awesome.. these things could really become collector's items

btw, has anybody seen the music video for Jennifer Lopez's "Jenny from the Block"?... the ipod makes numerous appearences in it.. it just goes to show how "cool" the ipod is... its no longer just a geeky gadget for us computer nerds, but something that everyday people can use.. but we all knew that didn't we.. hehe :)

funkywhat2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2002
Maybe this means that one will be avble to handwrite, or draw something and they will engrave it - at a much higher cost than these are going for.

But, all in all - WHY? IT'S SUCH A WASTE OF MONEY AND EFFORT - NOT TO MENTION R&D! WHY! GIVE US THE G5!!!!!

dricci

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2001
Could this be an indicator of an iPod2 at MWSF?
YES! This means that Inkwell is coming to the iPod 2 along with the Newton OS for Handwriting recognition. Also expect bluetooth for Blazing USB 1.1-speed wireless sync, and more!

It's true! I have a friend that knows the father of the priest that baptized a janitor at Apple, so he's practicly an expert!

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by crazy_will
Maybe this means that one will be avble to handwrite, or draw something and they will engrave it - at a much higher cost than these are going for.

But, all in all - WHY? IT'S SUCH A WASTE OF MONEY AND EFFORT - NOT TO MENTION R&D! WHY! GIVE US THE G5!!!!!
What does Apple R&D have to do with the G5? :confused:

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
Originally posted by crazy_will

First off, R&D would have nothing to do with this. It's a promotion, so therefore it was created by the marketing department.

Secondly, if R&D was involved, it's not like everyone in the entire department sat around and debated the idea. They have specific teams that work on each product.

Thirdly, if you think you can run Apple so well, then apply for a job with them and prove it. When you put them in bankruptcy, we'll all be sure to thank you.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I thought that the Madonna version would have two dials or something. :D I guess she's reformed now that she has a child.

NoWonder

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2002
NoWhere
Lame.

Now, if they included all of the artists songs preloaded on the iPod, that would be something.

no radiohead.

--nw

brossow

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2002
Here's the fourth (and last, as of right now)

NO DOUBT

http://www.apple.com/promo/ipod/nodoubt.html

Ya heard it here first. Oh, and don't miss the fact that Apple's offering the $29.05 discount on these, too -- just like with the other custom engraving. Add one to your cart and see for yourself. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.