Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SnowB0und

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2015
I've been trying to get Maelstrom to work on Yosemite. When I first downloaded it it ran great (after asking permission to run an un signed application). After closing it and restarting some time later I went to play the game again and the screen goes black like its opening the app bounces in the tray and then it closes. Anyone else have this problem?

SnowB0und

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2015
Update: I've tried deleting it and re installing it (dragging it to applications) it works once and then after quitting it doesn't open. I find this strange, any ideas? BTW this is in 10.10.2

SnowB0und

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2015
Another update:

Incase anyone else has this problem heres what I've done since:
I tried re-installing OS X to get a clean install of Yosemite.
First 3rd party app installed was Maelstrom and it opens fine when opening from the .dmg. I drag it to applications, and it still opens fine. Once you quite and go back to open it later, it will open bounce in the tray and then disappear. Same goes for the .dmg upon opening it the second time.

Any ideas?

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2012
I've had the same problem. There's nothing we can really do I guess. The game needs an update. Maybe it works if you install it on Mavericks, and THEN do the Yosemite upgrade. I've had games that didn't work on Yosemite or El Capitan, but did when I installed them on an earlier OS X and then upgraded.

Also another possibility is to create another partition with another OS X version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.