Magazines?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Buschmaster, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

Any advice for DSLR beginner magazines with different reviews and things that I might be able to find at a Barnes and Noble?

2. wilburdl macrumors member

wilburdl

There's at least four or five of there. Just look. Get some subscriptions--it'll be cheaper in the long run.

3. Buschmaster thread starter macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

I picked up a shutterbug.

Pretty much what I was looking for, except it makes me want that DSLR all that much more.

4. -hh macrumors 68020

-hh

George Lepp has discontinued "The Natural Image" as well as "The Digital Image", but I believe that he sells collections of past publications on his website (www.leppphoto.com). Since he just discontinued these writings in 2005, they're still reasonably up to date.

A monthly that I'm currently getting is "Outdoor Photographer", which belies my interests in landscapes :) The cover says their website is www.outdoorphotographer.com - - guess I should check that out sometime.

-hh

5. Buschmaster thread starter macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

I saw that one at Ritz (Wolf, Proex, whatever ;)), but I was worried that it wouldn't cover everything that I like to take pictuers of... which is... well... everything.

6. jamesW135 macrumors 6502a

jamesW135

I hate Ritz (even thought I just bought a new camera from them) THE LOCATION NEAR MY HOSE KEEPS OPENING AND CLOSING AND OPENING AND CLOSING. ARHG! sorry:eek:

7. Buschmaster thread starter macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

Well, I'll probably be buying my camera from Circuit City or online, so... no worries.;) I only developed a roll of film. I thought it was nice that they didn't make me pay up front, that way, if I returned in an hour I'd be like, you know, now I have to make another 20 minute drive...

And they'd know what's up.:cool:

8. iGary Guest

iGary

Outdoor photographer is very good - lots of good hints. It's the only one I still subscribe to, and I used to get all of em'. :)