Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jtbenjam1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
New York, NY
Just upgraded from a Magic Mouse 1 to a 2 and everything is working aside from the scroll function.

Ive researched this extensively, and tried updating Bootcamp Drivers, as well as Apple Software Update and trackpadmagic.com but nothing is working. Looking for any other advice. Thanks.

GoodOne

macrumors regular
May 6, 2012
Hm, mine worked out of the box with the Bootcamp Drivers.

Try deleting the device from the Bluetooth menu and then re-pair it.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Sorry to revive this old thread, but... Like the OP, my MM1 works perfectly but after purchasing a MM2, it won’t scroll at all. It connected without issue out of the box, and the button clicks are fine as far as I can tell. However it won’t scroll at all.

So far, my only success has been just using the MM1. I did download and try a utility called Magic Trackpad or somesuch, and it saw the mouse and wouldn’t configure it. It too worked perfectly with the MM1.

What’s the dealio, is there no hope in using my new MM2 with Win10?

skizzo

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2018
@crjackson2134 I recently installed Windows 10 and recently purchased a Magic Mouse 2 also. This seems to be a known issue with Windows installs (at least 7 and 10) on Macs. I did lots of searching too but the magic scroll function just does not work. There was some developer that is selling a subscription service into making their drivers work with the MM2. https://magicutilities.net/ That seemed silly to me though, paying yearly to have a single missing function working. It is a PITA not having the scroll function it is still a usable device in Windows. So in a nut shell the dealio is the mouse works minus the scroll function

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
@crjackson2134 I recently installed Windows 10 and recently purchased a Magic Mouse 2 also. This seems to be a known issue with Windows installs (at least 7 and 10) on Macs. I did lots of searching too but the magic scroll function just does not work. There was some developer that is selling a subscription service into making their drivers work with the MM2. https://magicutilities.net/ That seemed silly to me though, paying yearly to have a single missing function working. It is a PITA not having the scroll function it is still a usable device in Windows. So in a nut shell the dealio is the mouse works minus the scroll function

Thanks for the reply. I download a trial copy of that utility before posting. It didn't work either anyway. I find it weird that the MM1 works perfectly, and MM2 does not. I just wasn't expecting that...

Anyway, I have both versions of the mouse, so I guess the v1 mouse is my Windows mouse now.

skizzo

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2018
so I am resurrecting this thread to be quite surprised that my magic mouse 2 now DOES have the scrolling functions work in Windows 10. I haven't messed around with any additional gestures since that is all I really use.

No idea what update could have made it work, Windows update, iMac Pro Apple drivers, who knows. It's been months since I tried using it and I have made a handful of changes since then. Just thought I try it for ***** and giggles, when I first connected it, the scrolling didn't work. I turn it off and back on to make sure.
I then restarted and it's working.

Reactions: crjackson2134
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.