Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aiqw9182

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
I was wondering if anyone could post the default Magic Mouse preferences/gestures in Lion?

Thanks in advance.

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-02-28 at 9.53.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-02-28 at 9.53.55 PM.png
    192.1 KB · Views: 430

jbg232

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2007
Darn, no easy way to switch desktops unless using a trackpad or better touch tool I guess.

macjono

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2011
Mutli Touch Gestures LION

Hey Guys,

I am a bit miffed that it's kinda all changing on this front - I LOVE using 3finger swipe in Safari to navigate back and forward through visited pages...will this change to 2finger? - and if so what if you have a wide scrollable webpage that 2finger swipe will want to scroll horixontally wont it?

also can anyone explain to be if spaces and exposé will still exist or if mission control kinda replaces exposé etc?

I love the way they are joining up the way the iphone/ipad/mbp 'feel' to use, but I kinda like my mac to work like a mac and my touchy feely apple products to work thus! Things like 2finger 'swipe up' to scroll DOWN on safari will be really confusing on a desktop or laptop but just seem to make sense on a touch device... i guess its just what im used to (and i know its all customisable) but just wondered if anyone could shed any light...?

PS. sounds silly but what will happen to the media buttons on the F keys if exposé dahsboard are different, will these eventually get updated gfx?

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
Hey Guys,

I am a bit miffed that it's kinda all changing on this front - I LOVE using 3finger swipe in Safari to navigate back and forward through visited pages...will this change to 2finger? - and if so what if you have a wide scrollable webpage that 2finger swipe will want to scroll horixontally wont it?

also can anyone explain to be if spaces and exposé will still exist or if mission control kinda replaces exposé etc?

I love the way they are joining up the way the iphone/ipad/mbp 'feel' to use, but I kinda like my mac to work like a mac and my touchy feely apple products to work thus! Things like 2finger 'swipe up' to scroll DOWN on safari will be really confusing on a desktop or laptop but just seem to make sense on a touch device... i guess its just what im used to (and i know its all customisable) but just wondered if anyone could shed any light...?

PS. sounds silly but what will happen to the media buttons on the F keys if exposé dahsboard are different, will these eventually get updated gfx?

I agree, I'm very worried about why they changed 3-finger swipe to 2-finger swipe. 2 fingers are for scrolling, 3 fingers should be for navigating, and 4 for switching Spaces. I don't know why there's a need to fit 2 functions into one gesture!

As for the media buttons on the F keys, I don't think they need change. The Exposé button will trigger Mission Control, and the Dashboard button will trigger... Dashboard, yes! Everything else is the same.

aiqw9182

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
You guys are mixing up the magic mouse gestures with the trackpad gestures. Both of have different gestures with different amount of fingers. The gestures posted in this thread are for the magic mouse.

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
You guys are mixing up the magic mouse gestures with the trackpad gestures. Both of have different gestures with different amount of fingers. The gestures posted in this thread are for the magic mouse.

I know, but apparently navigation with the trackpad in Safari is also now with 2 fingers, is that true?

maccritters

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2008
How to restore Magic Mouse Driver on Lion?

Hi guys,

Since i installed Lion, i switched to Magic Mouse but not working properly.
Previously I've been using Mighty Mouse with Steer Mouse Driver.
Even though I uninstalled Steer Mouse Pref, I still can not see proper Magic Mouse control pref.

How to restore Magic Mouse Driver on Lion?

Thanks in advance!

captaincol

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2011
Scotland
magic mouse not recognised in lion: No gestures available

Hi . I see a similar post above. I have lost ALL of my gestures on my mighty mouse as LION only recognises my mouse with a generic wireless mouse driver. I have tried unpairing, resets etc. but no joy. How do I get this sorted ?

Gofre

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011
Hi . I see a similar post above. I have lost ALL of my gestures on my mighty mouse as LION only recognises my mouse with a generic wireless mouse driver. I have tried unpairing, resets etc. but no joy. How do I get this sorted ?

Do you mean magic mouse? The might mouse doesn't support gestures does it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.