Magic Mouse tracking issue, has it been fixed since?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bbnck, Apr 18, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Hi all,

I purchased the Magic Mouse last year when it was released and I was wondering if anyone still has the tracking / mouse speed slowness issue that was widely reported last year and early this year (if you still use a third party utility to increase the speed), or whether Apple have fixed that? I'd especially like to know for those that purchased a Magic Mouse last year/early this year. Does 10.6.3 fix it?

Thanks,
    Ben.

2. macrumors 6502a

CJS7070

It wasn't fixed for me, I had to up it manually in BetterTouchTool after I bought it yesterday.

3. macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

My tracking speed is fine most of the time but I get some crazy jumpiness on occasion.

4. macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Just found out about MouseZoom, installed it and now my tracking issues all seem to have disappeared. Very happy right now.

5. macrumors 6502

I have used Mouse Wizard and never had any problems. Best mouse I have ever had.

Do any of you use anything other than the standard moves?

Chris

6. macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I only use the standard gestures, I just want it to be smooth like a "normal" mouse. It was pretty jerky before, but most of that jerkiness—and more importantly the crazy jumpiness in the video—was alleviated once I installed MouseZoom.