Magic Mouse & Trackpad workflow

Discussion in 'iMac' started by gaddster, Feb 20, 2013.

1. macrumors member

ok, so I got excited ordering my new iMac and ordered a trackpad and magic mouse.. Used the magic mouse for 3 years on my last imac and trackpad on my macbook pro BUT never together..

anyone else ordered both and how are you best using them?

2. macrumors newbie

From what I've read -- most people who do order both end up using the Trackpad more than the Magic Mouse. It has more gestures and just seems more intuitive.

3. macrumors 68020

I use a Magic TrackPad and have no desire ever to use a Mouse again!

It's clear that touch surfaces -- whether they be TrackPads or touchscreens -- are the future for input on "iOSX".

4. thread starter macrumors member

I had heard some people use both hands (one to control the mouse and the other to control the trackpad

Spoilt for choice here now :D

5. macrumors regular

I got carried away and ordered both also! I imagine some situations would be better with a mouse--gaming being just one example. I plan to have both set up on my desk and will just see which feels more natural at any given point.

6. hfg
    macrumors 68030

hfg

I find having both the trackpad and magic mouse to be very useful. For general use I really like the trackpad with gestures, and for more precise work (editing text, games, etc.) I move over to the mouse and still have gestures available. I use them both constantly and interchangeably. I have both devices at every computer in my home.

I also like attaching the trackpad to the wireless keyboard with either the "Clique" from Henge Docks, or the "Magic Wand" from 12South.