Magic Mouse turning it off

Discussion in 'iMac' started by alexk82, Nov 30, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

I tried googling this right after I bought my new iMac (on black friday). There is a little switch at the bottom of the magic mouse for turning it on/off. My question is every time I turn off my computer should I switch the button to the off position? Is there any benefit from leaving it on/off?

2. macrumors newbie

I believe you don't have to turn it off every night or whenever you turn your computer off as it puts itself to sleep and manager that very well.

I don't yet own the magic mouse as it will arrive with my new imac, but i've read somewhere on french forums that there is no need to turn it off.

3. macrumors member

When I put my iMac to sleep

I also put a little blanket, a sock, over the Magic Mouse so it doesn't get cold at night. :rolleyes:

It appears that the Mouse and Keyboard both go to sleep with the iMac, and a gentle touch to either immediately wakes up the iMac. I'm surprised at how fast the iMac comes out of sleep mode and is ready go. :D

I'm really enjoying both the Mouse and keyboard. I find the Magic Mouse is like having a Touch Pad for my desktop. :cool::cool::cool:

4. macrumors 603

rgarjr

That ON/OFF switch is when you are carrying the mouse in a bag and dont want it to be ON all the time since you have movement.

5. thread starter macrumors regular