Magic the gathering online for Mac?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ijimk, Aug 15, 2004.

1. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Anyone know any way of getting Magic the Gathering online to run on Mac. It has really low system specs

Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT (Service Pack 4), or XP

PII 333 or faster

64 Megs of RAM

Mouse

SVGA, High-Color (16bit)

4x CD ROM

600 MB of hard drive space

Internet connection (56k or faster)

I would just like to play this on my mac. I really enjoyed playing it when i had a PC. Any suggestions are welcome. Oh does any one else play MTG? If so please post : )

2. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

party

probably VIRTUAL PC...nerd... :p

3. applekid macrumors 68020

That's true. You might be able to get by with Virtual PC, actually.

4. ijimk thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

ok thanks for your help guys but i am not willing to put Crap windows on my pristine G5 to play MTG.

So i stumbled across this http://www.twinfeats.com/tf/twinfeats/Java/WebWizard/download.tfs

It seems to be a community of players with a system based program in java so it will work with Mac/windows/linux/my toaster etc. and the best part is you dont have to pay for your cards like on MTG online.

You simply build a deck and challenge someone. I think this will be better for my system and my wallet. Enjoy all! :D

5. ijimk thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Ok new question, this program kinda buggy.... Virtual Pc says it does not support G5 processors. What can i do then? I hear VPC 7 will anyone know when this is released? What can i do in the mean time? Can any G5 owner get VPC any version to run? I dont need a lota juice the app i am trying to run is dirt low look up at system specs. Any help appreciated.

6. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

party

hmmm i forgot that vpc didnt support g5, did you try updating it to the most recent vpc? i think its like vpc 6. < something...hmmm if you STILL cant get it to run, why not just buy some cheap pc at some second hand store or off a friend that needs the system requirements...??? might spend 60$ on the whole thing, so eh? well if you dont wanna buy, try running VPC on a older mac... hope you find it