Magsafe connector - LED burnt out?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iW00t, Dec 13, 2006.

1. iW00t macrumors 68040

Nov 7, 2006
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    I left my laptop pretty much plugged into mains power for the past 6 weeks or so, and recently I noticed then the light no longer comes on when it is plugged in.

The battery indicator shows that the machine is still running off AC power, so that means the light in the charger must have burnt out or something. Has anyone else actually encountered this before?
  2. Lucky8 macrumors regular

May 18, 2005
    give Apple a call.. Im sure they'll be happy to replace that magsafe for ya..
  3. Sesshi macrumors G3

Jun 3, 2006
    One Nation Under Gordon
    I've had this before on one of my PSU's. Drove me mad before it failed. I didn't see the light, so I'd call Applecare and go through what they told me to do...

...and the damned thing would light up! :mad:

Finally though it did die. So I got it swapped.
  4. iW00t thread starter macrumors 68040

Nov 7, 2006
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    The damning thing is I just pulled it out and plugged it back in again, and it would act like nothing's amiss and light up again :p

30 minutes or so later it will dim out again. Does intrigues me to no end :confused:

Guess I will have to wait for it to officially die first before I can convince Applecare that it is bugged.
  5. kettle macrumors 65816

May 12, 2002
    England, Great Britain (Airstrip One)
    Power Drop

Is there any drop of power from the adapter when the LED dims?

Mine is playing up and does the same thing of coming back on when I disconnect and reconnect the mag safe connector.

My continuation of this is that perhaps this could bring on the sudden death of battery life. Mine just died after 297 cycles (not one of the serial numbered) and the new battery I just put in said 51 minutes but as the dimming occurred the charge time said 1hour and thirty summat, two hours later and it's at 1:43 till full.

I'm concerned. :(