magsafe electrical noise

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by richard.mac, Nov 5, 2007.

1. macrumors 603

richard.mac

im interested to know if anyone with a MacBook Pro core duo or newer sometimes has a slight electrical noise near the magsafe plug when charging. is there a fix? It also has a screen buzz noise after waking when the display has been off for a while. I probably should have sent it in for repairs but i never got around to it and my warranty is over :(

2. macrumors member

3. macrumors regular

id check to see how hot the thing was if i was you. ^ mine was a genuine fire hazard and im lucky i realised what was happening.

4. macrumors 6502

khunsanook

Mine's been buzzing since day one. No problems until now that the springs in the little gold prongs are shot so it makes a bad connection. Time for a dreaded visit to the Thai Apple shop where I have to BEG to have anything replaced.

5. thread starter macrumors 603

richard.mac

well ive never had problems with the magsafe. the cord and magsafe are not hot at all. the power brick is just a little warm and i pretty much always have it plugged into my MacBook Pro. hopefully i dont have any melting problems.

does anyone know if the buzz sound is related to the mac or the magsafe + power brick. if a buy a new adapter will the buzz sound go away? its pretty annoying in a quiet environment.