Mail 1.3.9 No Longer Copies to Sent Folder!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by eRondeau, Aug 31, 2004.

1. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

I just noticed this since upgrading to 10.3.5 last week, but it seems my Mail.app 1.3.9 (v.619) has stopped copying messages I send to my "Sent" folder. No idea why. I repaired permissions (no problems found) and even deleted several hundred old "sent" emails to reduce the archive file size. No difference. (The emails all go where they're supposed to, no issues there, it just doesn't save a copy for me anymore!)

Of course I cannot positively link this behaviour to 10.3.5 but there was never a problem before that. Any other users experienced this? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I haven't seen it. Could be a corrupt Mail preferences file. You could see if you have a backup around and replace the current one with that one - might help.

3. eRondeau thread starter macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

I just checked all my prefs with "Preferential Treatment" and there were no problems found. I do full system backups to my external hard drive maybe too religiously, I had already overwritten my earlier good backup with the bad. If I just delete the Mail .plist file, won't it just make a new one? Will I lose all my archived messages?

Thanks!