Mail 2.0 - Saving Sent Email Problem?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by skp574, Jun 15, 2005.

1. skp574 macrumors 6502

I have tried searching and have not found the answer I'm looking for. If someone can point me in the right direction then please let me know.

I have an IMAP email account sent up in Mail 2. In the mailbox behaviours tab I have set it up to store sent email on the server. Whenever I try to send an email it goes off fine, but the sent message is not stored anywhere. It disappears. Therefore I have no copy of it.

Also I can't save drafts either, I get an error message saying unable to save.

This is a real pain. If I unselect save copy on server, it doesn't save a local copy. If sending important email, I have no proof of sending it.

Is this a known bug, which is going to be addressed?

Is anybody else getting the same problems in Mail 2.

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

IMAP is b0rken in Mail 2. 10.4.2 should be out Real Soon Now, we'll see if it fixes it for real.

For a short term workaround, you might use Thunderbird or something for that account.

link -- if that link isn't persistent, try http://discussions.info.apple.com/tiger.mail/ and look for the thread "Mail 2.0 doesn't play well with IMAP"

3. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

4. skp574 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the pointer. I have followed some of the info on that thread. It seems to have solved my missing sent email now.