Mail accounts keep asking for passwords..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shandyman, Dec 18, 2011.

1. macrumors 603

My friend has restored her iPhone from iCloud after moving from the 3GS to the 4S, all went well apart from her email accounts keeps asking for the password, even though she's entered it correctly. tried turning them off then on, removing then re-adding, still happening.

Any one got any ideas?

2. macrumors 65816

ddublu

Is she by chance using 2-step verification from Google?

3. thread starter macrumors 603

I'd set it up as an exchange account on her 3GS about a year ago. There's also hotmail account set up in the same way and her iCloud is doing the same thing. Once entered, it's accepted and mail is accessed, but then it keeps popping up.

4. macrumors 68020

Delete the account from the phone, restart the phone, while it is restarting log into the account via web (google or owa or whatever), once you've (she's) successfully logged in, re-add account to phone (manually) without restoring any more backups.

Report back.

I had this happen to me once when restoring my phone when I got a new 4S (replacement). That is what I ended up doing and it seemed to work.

5. thread starter macrumors 603

Apparently that didn't work.

6. macrumors member

I recently had this issue when changing my domain / exchange password at work. I would keep getting the popups to enter my password. I went to the mail account in settings and cleared out / re-entered the password there and it stopped asking for the password after that.