Mail: adding attachments and photos

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by omeletpants, Jan 12, 2007.

1. omeletpants macrumors regular

When I use Mail it adds photos and attachments to the body of the email. I would prefer to do it the same way Entourage handles it with an "attachment box" just under the "subject box". How can I prevent the photos from showing in the body of the email? Thanks

2. After G macrumors 68000

After G

You can use MailAttachmentsIconizer to keep photos as icons in mail messages. You do get an annoying shareware dialog when you open up Mail but you can just leave Mail open or pay the $6

Personally, I like the icon view but it's not a bad thing to use Entourage. I attached a picture of the icon view which doesn't look too shabby to me.

Attached Files:

3. omeletpants thread starter macrumors regular

Tried it and it works fine. Wonder why Mac doesn't have this as a feature or display like Entourage. It just looks more professional.

4. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Serious? I think it looks more professional to have the photos within the body. I hate having to double-click to view a photo.

5. omeletpants thread starter macrumors regular

If you are using it in the corporate world, no one wants icons or pictures embedded in the body of the letter. Looks terrible. That's the purpose of an attachment box

6. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

This also depends on how the other person's mail client handles attachments. It's very possible that they are receiving the images as separate attachments even though you are sending them in-text.