Mail and Exchange Server + Server Connection

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by smldesigns1608, Jan 31, 2004.

1. smldesigns1608 macrumors newbie

I just updated to panther and my company uses Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5, SP4. I want to connect Mail up using its exchange account. For some reason it is giving me an error. Does anyone have any sugestions to my issue? Once I connect is there any software out there that I can get the contacts that are connected to the exchange server?

My second issue is I used to use Dave on my computer to connect to the PC servers. In panther is there anyway I can see the PC servers without Dave? Is it in the sharing in the system preferences? or is it under connect to server?

Hope someone can help me out.

2. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

I think you need exchange server 2000 or later to use Mail.

I use Entourage and can sync all my mail, contacts and calendars with Exchange Server 2000 with Entourage.

You should not need to use Dave to connect to a Windows server. You have two options, either click on the network icon in Finder to browse the network, or use the Go > Connect to server option in the finder menu. You will then be prompted for username and password to connect to the Windows share point on the server or the PC.

I use my Powerbook on a Windows network at work with no problems.