Mail and Quicktime Screwed Me!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DigitalVideo, Jul 17, 2005.

1. DigitalVideo macrumors newbie

I'm desperate...

I had Quicktime Pro v6. I guess during an automatic update, I upgraged to Quicktime v7, and it's no longer Pro. I tried to get Pro using my software key but that didn't work. So my question is: how can I go back to Quicktime v6? Do I have to trash Quicktime v7 and redownload v6, and if so, where do I find v6?

Okay, so then, Mac Mail erases any of my emails after four or five days. I haven't been able to find anyway to stop this in Preferences. Does anyone know what I can do to keep all my emails until I delete them?

Thankx for any help!

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Look under Mail Preferences -> Accounts -> <For each account> -> Mailbox Behaviors. Set the appropriate time for Sent, Junk and Trash.

Have no idea about QT6, but a new Pro key for QT7 isn't that expensive...

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

There is a QT 6 reinstaller somewhere on Apple's website.

You gave no information about your ISP, the type of account, or anything. Mail has no option to delete mail from your inbox. I have never heard of it doing so. Under Mail > Preferences..., you may click the Mailbox Behaviors tab to change the duration of Sent, Junk, and Trash. If you are concerned about one of these three, then you know how to solve your problem. If you are concerned about mail in your inbox, then you have to take that up with your ISP.

P.S. Make sure that you have not allowed a friend to use your account and to write a rule to delete old mail from your inbox.

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....if you are not yet on 10.4.x then you can use this Apple QT6.5.2 reinstaller that will uninstall v7 and reinstall v6.x....your pro key can then be used again....oh yeah!

5. DigitalVideo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thankx very much for the link! Duff-Man too!