Mail app and outlook express

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Macdantheman07, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Macdantheman07 macrumors member

Will Apple mail import emails and Inboxes from Windows Outlook Express.

Also, will Mac OS X recognize a USB zip drive? (I am helping a friend switch to Mac and i have never needed to use a zip drive or outlookex with OS X)

2. howard macrumors 68020

howard

Yes Mail can import from outlook express, just go into mail, then file>import mailboxes, then outlook express is one of the options, just follow the onscreen instructions

also, it should definitely recognize the zip drive.

3. dyusem macrumors member

Mail app and outlook express

I finally upgraded to OS 10.3 from OS 9.2 and have been unable to import Outlook Express data files into Mail. I am properly locating the folder where the data files are stored, however once I get to my folder (and all other "Identities" folders) the data files are not recognized and I cannot select them to import.

The same thing occurs when I open OE in OSX. The app opens as if there is no data associated with it. I name a new identity and attempt to import the data files with no success.

Fwiw, OE still works properly in OS 9.2.

Is there any way that I can add extensions to the data so Mail recognizes them? Is there any other way to accomplish this or should I purchase another email app where I will be able to import messages, contacts, etc. from OE?

Many thanks in advance for your direction!

Cheers,
    David